Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder who the player Boehly singled out in the dressing room was. Got to be Sterling surely?

£350K a week, and done absolute shit all in a chelsea shirt. Could see he was on the decline in his last few seasons at city. Madness business that.
He’ll be fumin’ if he sees this. He’s missing birthday parties for that £350k per week don’t you know.

As for it being ‘madness business’, there were plenty on here that had a major fanny wobble when we sold him, including the cat botherer in chief.

Yes but keep in mind some of these have been here for years. Hard to recoup the original fee on those that have been nothing but disappointments (Ziyech, Pulisic, Lukaku). As long as we trim the squad for the new manager and get their wages off the books, I’m not particularly fussed about the fees we get.
The squad needs to get down to about 20/22 to leave room for purchases in the designated 25. That’s a big ask. I suspect it could be years to get back on an even keel.

The squad needs to get down to about 20/22 to leave room for purchases in the designated 25. That’s a big ask. I suspect it could be years to get back on an even keel.

You're not wrong. There are some easy ones who will have 12 months left on their deals so they can be released or allowed to leave for a token fee - Auba, Azpi, Ziyech. Loftus-Cheek also has 12 months left on his deal. Then there are players I think would benefit from going on loan - David Fofana, Chukwumueka, Lewis Hall. Then we decline signing Zakaria and Felix permanently. That's 9 players already, if we manage that - down to 24 players.

This is all before we get to the more complicated ones that Chelsea will try and get a good fee for - Gallagher, Kovacic, Chalobah, Pulisic, Lukaku. Sell 2 of them and we're down to 22 players.

I'm under no illusions that this will be easy and it will probably take a couple of windows to sort out but this summer, beyond securing a new manager, has to be about trimming the squad and getting bodies out of the door. We already know Nkunku and Malo Gusto are coming in, so there's less incentive to focus on signing new players first.

You’ll get £50m for Lukaku and probably £40m+ for Ziyech, he’s a good player no way you only get £10m for him, don’t know about the others and yes wages off the books and trimming the squad down is key.
Lukaku will be 30 in a couple of weeks, he's on a big wage and has been a disaster for inter this season after well documented issues at both the rags and Chelsea. £50m isn't going to happen.

Lukaku will be 30 in a couple of weeks, he's on a big wage and has been a disaster for inter this season after well documented issues at both the rags and Chelsea. £50m isn't going to happen.
Fair enough, I thought he was having a decent season at Inter but it seems like I’m getting mixed up with this season and last season where he scored 20+ goals.

I read a snippet that Lukaku is disappointed that Inter isn't wanting to have a new deal with him, he comes across as if he's entitled to play where he wants.

Chelsea will have to give him away.

Wonder who the player Boehly singled out in the dressing room was. Got to be Sterling surely?

£350K a week, and done absolute shit all in a chelsea shirt. Could see he was on the decline in his last few seasons at city. Madness business that.
More likely it’s Cucurella who I read is rated by Chelsea fans as their worst signing of the Boely era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.