Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fukin he'll that was shite .
If we had spent that much money and looked that shit we would be torn to shreds by the gutter snipes
Strangely enough I`ve just been reading a very good article by Phil McNulty from the Beebs website and he really has gone to town on the owners but in a very constructive way.

Dismantled the entire structure behind a successful club and installed himself as interim technical director.

Spent it all in one window on random players on long-term contracts in a scattergun approach, building a squad too big to even have proper training sessions or change in the appropriate facilities.

Claimed to be building a project and not acted accordingly.

Instructed Tuchel to try a 4-4-3 formation and tried to teach an expert his own craft.

Already talking about changing the laws of the game when he’s been here five minutes.

Yes, we spent too, but we did it slowly and sensibly, we did not act like “kids in a candy shop”, there is no comparison. Roman spent big too, but you can’t even compare Roman to Todd, because just simply spending is not the only defining point of any of the three chiefs.
Ted Lasso

Dismantled the entire structure behind a successful club and installed himself as interim technical director.

Spent it all in one window on random players on long-term contracts in a scattergun approach, building a squad too big to even have proper training sessions or change in the appropriate facilities.

Claimed to be building a project and not acted accordingly.

Instructed Tuchel to try a 4-4-3 formation and tried to teach an expert his own craft.

Already talking about changing the laws of the game when he’s been here five minutes.

Yes, we spent too, but we did it slowly and sensibly, we did not act like “kids in a candy shop”, there is no comparison. Roman spent big too, but you can’t even compare Roman to Todd, because just simply spending is not the only defining point of any of the three chiefs.

I asked for reasons why he was so disliked. If an owner did all the stuff you mentioned at another club, I’d be slightly amused but I wouldn’t be able to muster any more than mild indifference.

I asked for reasons why he was so disliked. If an owner did all the stuff you mentioned at another club, I’d be slightly amused but I wouldn’t be able to muster any more than mild indifference.
Well that’s you, but a lot of us find that list to make him an odious owner and not suited for owning a part of our treasured game.

If our owners had done those things, a lot of us would be calling for their heads.

As it’s at a rival, yes, it is slightly amusing, but as a football fan in general I don’t want to see people like that involved.

Look at the Glazers, does anyone look at them with mild indifference? They’ve made some similar decisions on a less catastrophic and less drastic level, and are some of the most hated owners in the game - rightly so - by fans of all clubs.

Genuine question, why don't they ever seem to play all the players they bought, only Fernandez seems to start regular? I Maybe injuries but I can t remember seeing the likes of Madueke, d Fofana, and Zakaria at all this season along with the likes of Sterling, Aubameyang who only seem to play the odd game (latter for obvious reasons) - are those first 3 just prospects who will be loaned out?

Well that’s you, but a lot of us find that list to make him an odious owner and not suited for owning a part of our treasured game.

If our owners had done those things, a lot of us would be calling for their heads.

As it’s at a rival, yes, it is slightly amusing, but as a football fan in general I don’t want to see people like that involved.

Look at the Glazers, does anyone look at them with mild indifference? They’ve made some similar decisions on a less catastrophic and less drastic level, and are some of the most hated owners in the game - rightly so - by fans of all clubs.
I love the glazers. Let’s not get carried away now -:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.