Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, relax mate.

I've read a little, but would certainly not claim to be an expert on City's struggles with UEFA, or indeed the unresolved ones with the FA.

There's always two sides of course, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest the whole thing was just a case of UEFA or the FA being on a witch hunt.

I was under the impression that the charges were only avoided once City went to the CoA, and that avoidance of prosecution was due to certain items being time barred?

Anyway, I'll read up on it myself for the sake of interest.

I think it's harsh to say the main superpower is being loaded. Of course I agree it's necessary given the inequality in the game. It's basically impossible for a non established club to consistently get further than say, where Brighton are now, without a sugar daddy.

But at the same time, United have consistently outsspent City in the last decade. If they'd been run properly, the way Liverpool were, we'd never have dominated to much. City are 11th now in the net spend over the last 5 years. Likewise Chelsea have hardly skimped, and Liverpool for all Klopp's "we can't compete" shtick are not far behind.

The main superpower has been alignment on strategy from top to bottom and consistent execution on that strategy. Gradually over time they've added better and better people (on and off the pitch) until they've ended up with a collection of extreme outlying talent like Guardiola, De Bruyne and Haaland. This isn't just spaffing cash: when top talent has wanted more money or playing time than City thought it was worth, they've consistently walked away. That's why Sterling is at Chelsea, Maguire and Fred are at United and Jesus and Zinchenko are at Arsenal.

It's lazy to just say "oh City just spend money" when your own club spaffed £100m up the wall on Lukaku. It just comes across as "oh it's not fair because we made an avoidable mistake"

But yeah you're not going to always get rational responses on here either, some people see conspiracy round every corner.

Jeez, relax mate.

I've read a little, but would certainly not claim to be an expert on City's struggles with UEFA, or indeed the unresolved ones with the FA.

There's always two sides of course, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest the whole thing was just a case of UEFA or the FA being on a witch hunt.

I was under the impression that the charges were only avoided once City went to the CoA, and that avoidance of prosecution was due to certain items being time barred?

Anyway, I'll read up on it myself for the sake of interest.
All wrong and total bollox.

Take your own advice and read up on it before digging anymore of a hole.

The whole time barred crap shows how little you understand the case. It’s easy to peddle the media bullshit but don’t come on a city forum casting inaccurate aspersion’s about the clubs alleged rule breaking.

No club is clean but the shit we have had to endure for competing for honours has been disgraceful.

Last edited:
So basically you admitting you know fuck all about the CAS verdict
Haha. No. As a football fan I've read quite a bit about it. I'm not an expert though by any stretch.

What I would say is that it's highly likely I don't know as much about it as some City fans.

I think it's harsh to say the main superpower is being loaded. Of course I agree it's necessary given the inequality in the game. It's basically impossible for a non established club to consistently get further than say, where Brighton are now, without a sugar daddy.

But at the same time, United have consistently outsspent City in the last decade. If they'd been run properly, the way Liverpool were, we'd never have dominated to much. City are 11th now in the net spend over the last 5 years. Likewise Chelsea have hardly skimped, and Liverpool for all Klopp's "we can't compete" shtick are not far behind.

The main superpower has been alignment on strategy from top to bottom and consistent execution on that strategy. Gradually over time they've added better and better people (on and off the pitch) until they've ended up with a collection of extreme outlying talent like Guardiola, De Bruyne and Haaland. This isn't just spaffing cash: when top talent has wanted more money or playing time than City thought it was worth, they've consistently walked away. That's why Sterling is at Chelsea, Maguire and Fred are at United and Jesus and Zinchenko are at Arsenal.

It's lazy to just say "oh City just spend money" when your own club spaffed £100m up the wall on Lukaku. It just comes across as "oh it's not fair because we made an avoidable mistake"

But yeah you're not going to always get rational responses on here either, some people see conspiracy round every corner.
Great post. I agree with every line.

Just to be clear, my only point was in response to a poster here who said that City's model would work at any club regardless of investment, which I think is nonsense.

Haha. No. As a football fan I've read quite a bit about it. I'm not an expert though by any stretch.

What I would say is that it's highly likely I don't know as much about it as some City fans.
City were completely exonerated by CAS. The time barred issues were irrelevant. I would advise not believing all you read in the press re City . Why continue to comment if you admit to no knowledge on the subject?

For the sake of clarity (and hopefully friendliness too) I'd also point out that I don't think Manchester City have likely done anything that a ton of other clubs have done also - probably every top club out there.

It's business. And sometimes business has to cut a few corners here and there.

The only reason I even mentioned the UEFA/FA stuff was that some here are insistent on proclaiming City as perfect in every way, which I'm sure you realise, even with your blue tinted glasses on, can't really be the reality.

If we could sort the ticket office out we’d be close to perfect :)

City were completely exonerated by CAS. The time barred issues were irrelevant. I would advise not believing all you read in the press re City . Why continue to comment if you admit to no knowledge on the subject?

I am only commenting because I keep getting called out!

I post here on the Chelsea page about Chelsea stuff. It seems that if make even the tiniest reference to City that is anything less than deferential it's an invitation for some here to pile in.

Jeez.

And where have I said I have no knowledge? I said I'm not an expert.

I am only commenting because I keep getting called out!

I post here on the Chelsea page about Chelsea stuff. It seems that if make even the tiniest reference to City that is anything less than deferential it's an invitation for some here to pile in.

Jeez.

And where have I said I have no knowledge? I said I'm not an expert.
You don’t have to say it when you’re spouting shite tbh

You don’t have to say it when you’re spouting shite tbh
So, enlighten me, if my understanding of the events in question are so inaccurate.

Where do I go to read impartial information for the sale of being better informed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.