Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see this shower doing anything tonight but you never know, surely Frank can't keep adding L's to his CV, at some point they'll at least get a point.

However, with our current form and two home games in a few days we can do it our own way.
You actually don't need us or anyone else to do you a favour imho.

And just as well, as relying on my team at this moment is an act of desperation.

I think it's harsh to say the main superpower is being loaded. Of course I agree it's necessary given the inequality in the game. It's basically impossible for a non established club to consistently get further than say, where Brighton are now, without a sugar daddy.

But at the same time, United have consistently outsspent City in the last decade. If they'd been run properly, the way Liverpool were, we'd never have dominated to much. City are 11th now in the net spend over the last 5 years. Likewise Chelsea have hardly skimped, and Liverpool for all Klopp's "we can't compete" shtick are not far behind.

The main superpower has been alignment on strategy from top to bottom and consistent execution on that strategy. Gradually over time they've added better and better people (on and off the pitch) until they've ended up with a collection of extreme outlying talent like Guardiola, De Bruyne and Haaland. This isn't just spaffing cash: when top talent has wanted more money or playing time than City thought it was worth, they've consistently walked away. That's why Sterling is at Chelsea, Maguire and Fred are at United and Jesus and Zinchenko are at Arsenal.

It's lazy to just say "oh City just spend money" when your own club spaffed £100m up the wall on Lukaku. It just comes across as "oh it's not fair because we made an avoidable mistake"

But yeah you're not going to always get rational responses on here either, some people see conspiracy round every corner.

That's what they want you to believe ......

I don't see why?!

After all, we've never been up on UEFA/FA charges.
Being charged is not the same as “There is NO EVIDENCE that…..” repeated 12 times in the CAS verdict.
You should read it and also work out who made the complaint, without giving any evidence, to the Premier league that caused them simply to regurgitate the same charges.

Maybe you m
Just to be clear, my only point was in response to a poster here who said that City's model would work at any club regardless of investment, which I think is nonsense.
Maybe you miss understood my post. I was saying that if you put the correct people in and have a strategy you can be the best you can be.

Seems to me that anyone who isn't an unwavering City advocate is a muppet to you!

You are normally a fair poster but you aren't going to get anywhere on a City forum trying to tell us the fact we have been charged by UEFA and the PL is any indication at all of wrong-doing. That isn't how any of this works, and you are smart enough to know it.

All because of a stupid discussion over the word perfect.

My advice, take it or leave it, would be that the topic of PL charges should be left well alone on here. Feelings on the subject are still pretty raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.