Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, relax mate.

I've read a little, but would certainly not claim to be an expert on City's struggles with UEFA, or indeed the unresolved ones with the FA.

There's always two sides of course, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest the whole thing was just a case of UEFA or the FA being on a witch hunt.

I was under the impression that the charges were only avoided once City went to the CoA, and that avoidance of prosecution was due to certain items being time barred?

Anyway, I'll read up on it myself for the sake of interest
Jeez, relax mate.

I've read a little, but would certainly not claim to be an expert on City's struggles with UEFA, or indeed the unresolved ones with the FA.

There's always two sides of course, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest the whole thing was just a case of UEFA or the FA being on a witch hunt.

I was under the impression that the charges were only avoided once City went to the CoA, and that avoidance of prosecution was due to certain items being time barred?

Anyway, I'll read up on it myself for the sake of interest.
Totally wrong. CAS went out of their way to state that their verdict owed nothing to time barring. For example, the first timed barred item actually took place before ffp was in place. CAS said “There is NO EVIDENCE THAT THE ALLEGED PAYMENTS CONTINUED AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF FFP.”
If you are going to keep posting about this you really should read the judgement otherwise you are just repeating the lies of the press

Maybe you m

Maybe you miss understood my post. I was saying that if you put the correct people in and have a strategy you can be the best you can be.
Fair enough. It's a valid point. Respect.

Spent half a billion dollars on players, yet may finish behind Bournemouth on the table. Yes, the Bournemouth that lost 9-0 at Anfield earlier in the season.

I am only commenting because I keep getting called out!

I post here on the Chelsea page about Chelsea stuff. It seems that if make even the tiniest reference to City that is anything less than deferential it's an invitation for some here to pile in.

Jeez.

And where have I said I have no knowledge? I said I'm not an expert.
Not about being deferential, but if you post on a City forum, you would do well to be accurate and not repeat nonsense you have read about (in the click bait papers) “a bit”.

You are normally a fair poster but you aren't going to get anywhere on a City forum trying to tell us the fact we have been charged by UEFA and the PL is any indication at all of wrong-doing. That isn't how any of this works, and you are smart enough to know it.

All because of a stupid discussion over the word perfect.

My advice, take it or leave it, would be that the topic of PL charges should be left well alone on here. Feelings on the subject are still pretty raw.
I agree, and appreciate the voice of reason.

I certainly did not wish to be discussing at such length what is obviously a touchy subject for many here.

Thank you sir.

Not about being deferential, but if you post on a City forum, you would do well to be accurate and not repeat nonsense you have read about (in the click bait papers) “a bit”.

Fair shout.

Totally wrong. CAS went out of their way to state that their verdict owed nothing to time barring. For example, the first timed barred item actually took place before ffp was in place. CAS said “There is NO EVIDENCE THAT THE ALLEGED PAYMENTS CONTINUED AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF FFP.”
If you are going to keep posting about this you really should read the judgement otherwise you are just repeating the lies of the press

Understood.

Where have I laughed at City being perfectly run?? Show me please. Aside from anything else its a ridiculous notion to laugh at 'perfection'.

And I haven't suggested you've done something wrong financially. That was UEFA and is the FA who suggest that. Sorry if that offends you but that's the reality.

Your use of the word 'perfectly' is interesting.

I have no problem acknowledging City's cohesive and successful business model, and their on-pitch dominance at this moment. Or for that matter, that my team is a joke right now in comparison.

I just find it a little difficult to have to read claims of perfection when anyone who lives in the real world knows that's just not the case.
Well, for one thing, it was you who said laughingly that the original comment was the "funniest" thing you'd read on here. Now, you're happy to accept that we are run "excellently", whereas I used the word 'perfect.' I think you were just being pedantic as a defence mechanism.

Any way, fuck all that - just turn a bloody corner tonight, will yer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.