Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Poch is a youngish manager who is yet to fulfil his destiny?
He is 51 years old.
Pep is 52.

That's a good appointment from them unfortunately.

Despite their final league position, Pochettino will have a lot of talented players to work with.

James
Chilwell
Koulibaly
Thiago Silva
Enzo Fernandez
Zakaria
Kante
Kovacic
Pulisic
Ziyech
Havertz
Sterling
Mudryk
Joao Felix
Nkunku

That's a basis of a very strong squad and now they've got a top coach, maybe not elite but a very competent one, you'll see a lot of improvement from players that have been seriously underperforming. Whether they'll be good enough to challenge us I don't know but I think they could be a real force in the next few seasons.

Despite their final league position, Pochettino will have a lot of talented players to work with.

James
Chilwell
Koulibaly
Thiago Silva
Enzo Fernandez
Zakaria
Kante
Kovacic
Pulisic
Ziyech
Havertz
Sterling
Mudryk
Joao Felix
Nkunku

That's a basis of a very strong squad and now they've got a top coach, maybe not elite but a very competent one, you'll see a lot of improvement from players that have been seriously underperforming. Whether they'll be good enough to challenge us I don't know but I think they could be a real force in the next few seasons.
Felix is back at Atletico isn’t he?

Felix is back at Atletico isn’t he?
Oh yeah, forgot he was only there on loan. I suppose they could still sign him permanently but it might be difficult for them to persuade him without Champions League football.

2 years.... haven't half the players got 6/7 year contracts to get round FFP?

He'll never reach the club option clause and nearly all the players will still be there when he's turfed picking up loads of cash still under performing.

Joke of a club.... they're not pushing the top 4 that's for certain.

James
Chilwell
Koulibaly
Thiago Silva
Enzo Fernandez
Zakaria
Kante
Kovacic
Pulisic
Ziyech
Havertz
Sterling
Mudryk
Joao Felix
Nkunku

There is a further 20 players in their squad some on extra long contracts. What do they do while waiting to be sold?
Havertz??
FFP?

Overpay for every player and have a high miss rate relative to other clubs.

Recruitment is so important, probably the most important thing in squad building. And Chelsea are no where near it.

They finished with 45 points for a reason, and its deeper than the poor showing of Potter and Lampard. They are so disjointed and broken and the worst thing is they dont even realize it. This notion they have a great playing group is so false. Hands down the worst team of the top 7 and by a country mile

Hasnt done much in his managerial career, maybe the madhouse at Chelsea will suit him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.