Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

What do you make of 5 at the back? Do you think you’ll change now you have Enzo and Caicedo to patrol your midfield, or are your wingbacks not good enough to be proper fullbacks in your set up?

I bloody well hope so. I’m so sick of the back 3. We played a back 4 throughout preseason and it worked really well. No idea why Poch has abandoned what was working as soon as the season started.

Despite the back 3 though, I actually think we played really well in both games this season.

Last edited:
I bloody well hope so. I’m so sick of the back 3. We played a back 4 throughout preseason and it worked really well. No idea why Poch has abandoned what was working as soon as the season started.

Despite the back 3 though, I actually think we played really in both games this season.
Seems like you aren't getting enough players into the opponents box at the moment. I’m sure you’ll get better as your players bed in.

Seems like you aren't getting enough players into the opponents box at the moment. I’m sure you’ll get better as your players bed in.

I think we created enough chances to win both games this season. If Enzo scores the pen, I’d imagine it’s a completely different game.

I also there’s some chemistry issues with Chilwell and Mudryk. Don’t think them two can play together. It was working wonderfully when Chukwuemeka was in the 10 role, with Chilwell bombing forward beyond him. But Mudryk occupies the same spaces as Chilwell. Our attacking potency died when Chukwuemeka went off injured.

When was the last time you lot saw this kind of burst of speed from Sterling? I wonder if he was just awfully unfit last season?

He rarely dropped deep to receive the ball.
When he did. He breezed past players.

He was subbed off injured against us and presumed that was the problem last season.

I think we created enough chances to win both games this season. If Enzo scores the pen, I’d imagine it’s a completely different game.

I also there’s some chemistry issues with Chilwell and Mudryk. Don’t think them two can play together. It was working wonderfully when Chukwuemeka was in the 10 role, with Chilwell bombing forward beyond him. But Mudryk occupies the same spaces as Chilwell. Our attacking potency died when Chukwuemeka went off injured.
Mudryk looks like a Caucasian Adama Traore. Amazing pace, but zero footballing IQ.

When was the last time you lot saw this kind of burst of speed from Sterling? I wonder if he was just awfully unfit last season?

Sterling is a pretty good player, until he has to think of what he has to do. Will always be grateful for the time he spent with us so Im not gonna slag him off but he's not what I would call a clinical footballer.

I am struggling to understand how spending a billion pounds has actually made them worse. I mean how is that even possible. Who is running the club

I look at the team sheet & I don’t know where it’s gone. Normally you need Kia Jorabchian advising to spend so much for so little change.

Despite the back 3 though, I actually think we played really well in both games this season.
I'd be fucking depressed if we just hired Poch. He's a very poor supposedly top level manager, imagine have the players he had at PSG and failing. How the fuck does he keep getting these jobs is beyond me.
He is personally fucking minted by winning next to fuck all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.