Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

I’d be surprised if you made much profit on most of your signings. They’re on long contracts with presumably high-ish wages, otherwise why would they go?

75% aren’t going to get game time.

Reasons why you sign an 8 year contract on £30k per week? You may be a flash in the pan, odds are against you & you’ve secured £12.5m career earnings.

Reasons why you don’t. The club have all the power, you could set the world on fire & the club refuse to improve your terms or hold you to ransom.

Obviously there’s likely renegotiation incentives & you’ve got to assume they are smart cookies but on the surface it seems mad probably genius.

I watched a fans pre season preview on YouTube a couple of days ago and the Chelsea supporter said she and a lot of Chelsea fans are completely pissed off with the owners as they are refusing to interact with the supporters.

She claimed supporter groups have tried to contact the hierarchy about the finances, players ect and the owners are point blank refusing to speak to them. How true is this?

All true, sadly.

Pedro neto injury record is bobbins,51 games in Premier league in 3 yrs is pants....alot of money to pay for a record like that...

Don't understand why anybody else is joining them now, the squad size is ridiculous and you can't guarantee you won't suffer because of it.

Don't understand why anybody else is joining them now, the squad size is ridiculous and you can't guarantee you won't suffer because of it.

Depends. If you’re Neto you probably fancy your chances of being the starter ahead of Mudryk and Sterling. Plus with his injury record, he probably appreciate a 7 year contract on decent money.

The less proven young players, it’s worth investigating what their agents are getting out of convincing their clients to move to Chelsea to be the 10th choice midfielder so most likely be sent on the loan carousel until they’re dizzy.

Depends. If you’re Neto you probably fancy your chances of being the starter ahead of Mudryk and Sterling. Plus with his injury record, he probably appreciate a 7 year contract on decent money.

The less proven young players, it’s worth investigating what their agents are getting out of convincing their clients to move to Chelsea to be the 10th choice midfielder so most likely be sent on the loan carousel until they’re dizzy.

I think you have 8 senior keepers now? Or something like that anyway.

I'm sure there's some kind of plan, but it just seems like machine-gunning a target hoping one shot hits the bull.

I think you have 8 senior keepers now? Or something like that anyway.

I'm sure there's some kind of plan, but it just seems like machine-gunning a target hoping one shot hits the bull.

There’s definitely a plan. Whether it’s a good or bad plan remains to be seen, but there is a plan. That plan is to build a large talent portfolio, a multi-club network and then buy and sell to refresh the first team until they get a team capable of competing.

Whether any of that will bear fruit in the near future, or even in the distant future, is unknown. It seems like a completely mad plan to me, but I’m just a regular bloke who just wants to watch Chelsea play football, so what do I know :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.