Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

I thought he was nailed on to start today, From what I've seen of Chelsea in pre season he was the danger man on the tour.

Maybe there's more to it, Madueke not starting and then Stsrling not even making the squad. You'd wonder if the owner has a say in any of this? Personally it wouldn't surprise me.
Make's you wonder if they want to flip him. He'd be ideal for Newcastle.

Maresca’s team selection methods have been revealed.

giphy.gif

Brighton got £172 million for Caicedo and Cucarella. Not sure if they should be charged with deception or daylight robbery!!
To be fair, they were both very good at Brighton. Overpriced of course but they impressed.

I am not sure I would really judge them at Chelsea. I think they'd both be decent at a better run, non-basket case club.

However, you're right - I guess in the end, we can only judge them on the reality and the reality is they're playing poorly for their club. Cucurella showed he can perform in a different environment for Spain this summer (though it's always risky to go by international tournaments). I just feel both would look better at a different club.

To be fair, they were both very good at Brighton. Overpriced of course but they impressed.

I am not sure I would really judge them at Chelsea. I think they'd both be decent at a better run, non-basket case club.

However, you're right - I guess in the end, we can only judge them on the reality and the reality is they're playing poorly for their club. Cucurella showed he can perform in a different environment for Spain this summer (though it's always risky to go by international tournaments). I just feel both would look better at a different club.
Chelsea must be a nightmare for the players. There's just so many. You only ever have 11 happy players in a squad......

Chelsea must be a nightmare for the players. There's just so many. You only ever have 11 happy players in a squad......
I think a good man manager can keep a tight-knit squad of players happy, more than 11 (but that is just my opinion). I think Pep worked out smaller squads are better for harmony and that's why he has a core of about 18-19 high quality players generally. He was the same at Barca.

Alternatively, look at United - they stockpile garbage and have about 30 players usually and there's always in-fighting.

Chelsea though are on a different level entirely. With that many players, all that chaos, all that turnover from season to season (managerial and playing staff) how can you ever build a cohesive system and create chemistry with your team-mates?

It's easy for us looking in as fans from the outside, to say they're playing poorly and they're rubbish. But think about if you were in that environment - you'd be very happy with your wage packet sure, but from a playing perspective you'd be at best indifferent and at worst demoralised.

I think a good man manager can keep a tight-knit squad of players happy, more than 11 (but that is just my opinion). I think Pep worked out smaller squads are better for harmony and that's why he has a core of about 18-19 high quality players generally. He was the same at Barca.

Alternatively, look at United - they stockpile garbage and have about 30 players usually and there's always in-fighting.

Chelsea though are on a different level entirely. With that many players, all that chaos, all that turnover from season to season (managerial and playing staff) how can you ever build a cohesive system and create chemistry with your team-mates?

It's easy for us looking in as fans from the outside, to say they're playing poorly and they're rubbish. But think about if you were in that environment - you'd be very happy with your wage packed sure, but from a playing perspective you'd be at best indifferent and at worst demoralised.
Agree. The 25 man squad limit has really helped most clubs. A y club going over that and unable to register players is just really badly run. There's no excuse for it. 17 foreign players plus 8 home grown. Simple stuff...

Agree. The 25 man squad limit has really helped most clubs. A y club going over that and unable to register players is just really badly run. There's no excuse for it. 17 foreign players plus 8 home grown. Simple stuff...
Yeah, obviously if there's an injury crisis it becomes trickier. But generally, a squad of 25 (being buffed out by some promising youngsters) should suffice.

It's a balancing act though, with the amount of games and demands on players these days. Pep gets the balance right and that's one of the many reasons he's the best coach on the planet, and maybe ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.