Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

What a mess, genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sell Tosin this summer given they got him for free.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the owners know something we don’t, about FFP and the future of football.

They seemed to be well versed ahead of time of the potential to transfer aging players on big money to Saudi a little while ago!

Wouldn’t surprise me if the owners know something we don’t, about FFP and the future of football.

They seemed to be well versed ahead of time of the potential to transfer aging players on big money to Saudi a little while ago!

Even without FFP it's still a terrible way to run a football club. Heard a few crypto bro types trying sound clever and explain it all away of them applying baseball principles to the process of squad building but it's all a load of rubbish.

Even without FFP there's a limit on what the backers will be willing to spend/lose on this project and it's obvious they've gambled heavily on champions league football. They've gone into their second season running with no shirt sponsor because theyre worried about underselling themselves in case they have CL the following season. Missing out last year was bad but missing out this year will be catastrophic.

They're now spending on more on annual amortisation than the annual entire turnover of most PL clubs.

Having started the new season with a new and inexperienced manager they seem even less likely to get it now than last season and with a more disgruntled squad than ever.

So do I and pretty much everyone else and no offence I’m glad it’s your team not ours (but you could say that back to me on other things).

I’m really interested in what they are doing and I think they are clever and have a plan, quite what and how it works I cannot see.

We are a country of this is how we do things, or they are done a certain way as they have always been. I like they are doing something different and whilst I think it’s doomed to fail, it’s no guarantee and these guys certainly don’t need to take advice from Carragher

I have stopped trying to make sense of what they're trying to do. I have no control over anything. I just have to hope that these chancers that have taken control over my club actually have the club's best interest at heart and then hope for the best on the pitch every weekend.

That's where I'm at right now with my club. I have no idea where this 'project' is going. I don't believe in it. I don't believe in the owners. I don't like the owners. So, I've disconnected from all the noise and drama and just tune in for 90 minutes hoping we play well and win the game.

Last edited:
Reckon he has been told by the Boehley to not play so can try to get rid of him and his 350k a week wages!? Expect him to be loaned with Chelsea paying the majority of his wages!

Enzo Maresca on Raheem Sterling out of the project: “I’ve been honest, he will have no minutes here”.

“I am not saying Raheem is not a good player but I prefer different kinds of wingers. It’s simple”.

Raheem’s career is falling apart. Out of the England squad, out of the Chelsea squad. He will have to move. I doubt that Chelsea will get more than £25m for him and he will take a hit on wages.
More generally, I wonder if Chelsea are aware of the FIFA rule that grants a free transfer to players who have no prospect of playing for their club.

More generally, I wonder if Chelsea are aware of the FIFA rule that grants a free transfer to players who have no prospect of playing for their club.
What is this rule you speak of?
I'm thinking would this apply to Cancelo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.