Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

A couple of interesting articles on the BBC this morning. Maresca says he hasn’t been “brutal” to Sterling and Chilwell. He has told them they don’t figure in his plans, they are training away from the first team and are free to look for other Clubs. Seems reasonable. Then, in another article, it seems that Chelsea have already stripped Sterling of his shirt number and given it to Neto.

I guess it depends on how you define brutal.

Chelsea are an absolute disgrace for making Sterling train at home. Fair enough them telling him he as no future but making him feel like a naughty schoolboy is taking the piss and Raheem doesn't deserve it. I'm not surprised his form is shot because he's a confidence player who needs to feel loved and appreciated to get the best out of him. He deserves better and I hope he gets it but he'll have to lower his wage expectations to keep within other clubs finances.
He hasn't played this season. Are you suggesting that he's been out of form for the best part of two years at Chelsea because he knew Enzo Maresca was coming and would take his squad number off him?

When Joe royal became our manager we had 54 players on the books

Ha. I remember us having over 50 players. We were signing a lot of garbage though. At least Chelsea have some exciting signings.

I do find it amusing that apparently Tosin is third choice centre-back and Jackson is starting games. How can a club spend so much and be in that position. Yet they seemingly have about seven or eight wingers / wide forwards!

Sterling will want his 3 years of 350k a week so chelsea letting him go for nought want happen they'll have to pay him off

I think that's essentially the same as what I said. Either they get a fee and give it to him. Or he leaves for free and gets the signing on fee. Huge cash write off for them regardless and wipes out whatever benefit the Felix/Gallagher deal brought them. Plus they're still saddled with Felix and his wages for the next 4/5 years

A couple of interesting articles on the BBC this morning. Maresca says he hasn’t been “brutal” to Sterling and Chilwell. He has told them they don’t figure in his plans, they are training away from the first team and are free to look for other Clubs. Seems reasonable. Then, in another article, it seems that Chelsea have already stripped Sterling of his shirt number and given it to Neto.

I guess it depends on how you define brutal.
If Sterling is not going to feature in the future plans for the club and he was told this, what has he to whinge about? He won't be needing a number 7, 17 or 27 shirt. Would have been far worse to have given him a shirt and the belief he is going to figure in the plans when they clearly knew it was just not going to happen. How many ways can you sugar coat that pill?

I watched him last season and to be perfectly honest he was absolute dross... certainly not worth £100k a week, never mind £300k. I really don't see what he is crying about.

Well Havertz has the most goal contributions of any player in the PL in 2024 so I'd say so yes.

You specifically chose such a short period lol Over the season he had considerably less than several players. For a start, that is less than Foden (27). Less than Foden who is apparently shite according to many AFC fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.