Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

You specifically chose such a short period lol Over the season he had considerably less than several players. For a start, that is less than Foden (27). Less than Foden who is apparently shite according to many AFC fans.
Zero AFC fans (apart from those who have been sectioned under the mental health act) think Foden is shite. Re the period of time, yep of course, it's basically 6 months of football but he's hardly been a failure since moving to Arsenal. But I'd definitely swap him for Foden! (but not Phillips).

If I were Sterling it would be ok I will fuck off on a free club of my choice.
Maybe Newcastle West Ham Villa will give him a very sizable signing on fee to reduce his wages

The hotel sales are still under scrutiny for fair market value, and you're getting personal there with the "social media clowns" comment. I don't do social media unless BM is classed as that.

They've found loop holes just like companies/individuals involved in tax avoidance, we all know it's essentially cheating but presented differently. If City had acted this way we do you really think we would get away with it? The Media would ramp up the accusations of cheating to a new level, considering we're subject to a smear campaign that's already sullied our name that seems impossible but it would happen. Could you imagine the indignation from the likes of Jordan, Harris, Delooney, Liew, Ziegler, etc? Chav's have got away with it, even to the extent of Jordan saying this basket case of a club can get it right.

They've created an unprecedented situation of acquiring a squad on long contracts with a lot of shite players signed for big money that have limited resale values. Looking to sell Sterling stinks of trying to offload one of their better players to try and bring in a transfer fee to offset the amortised £30 left on his contract and get his £45m worth of wages off the books.

We'll see if the Chav's have not broken the rules during the next few months, they have a lot of work to do to comply not only with PSR but also UEFA FFP as they're in the Conference League courtesy of our FA Cup final defeat.
Just to clarify, I wasn't calling you a clueless clown, there was nothing personal in it, I was referring to rival fans on social media throwing the same comment around about us "blatantly cheating" when we've done no such thing.

What Chelsea have done is unconventional, against the grain and very possibly a stupid and catastrophic path to go down but there's nothing to suggest they've cheated. They're not even loopholes to exploit, they're well within the rules just rarely done. It's not cheating to do something that's not common practice.

You put forward a hypothetical situation where we've done what Chelsea have and suggest we'd get slaughtered for it in the media, but wouldn't you, I and every other city fan on here be pointing out there's no indication of any rule breaking and be calling them out for such suggestions in that scenario?

Just to clarify, I wasn't calling you a clueless clown, there was nothing personal in it, I was referring to rival fans on social media throwing the same comment around about us "blatantly cheating" when we've done no such thing.

What Chelsea have done is unconventional, against the grain and very possibly a stupid and catastrophic path to go down but there's nothing to suggest they've cheated. They're not even loopholes to exploit, they're well within the rules just rarely done. It's not cheating to do something that's not common practice.

You put forward a hypothetical situation where we've done what Chelsea have and suggest we'd get slaughtered for it in the media, but wouldn't you, I and every other city fan on here be pointing out there's no indication of any rule breaking and be calling them out for such suggestions in that scenario?

He is arguing that finding a loophole is basically cheating when by definition a loophole wouldn't be a loophole if it was outside the rules. I'm not sure how you're meant to reason with that, unfortunately.

That’s a charitable analysis I think. When developing rules people don’t think of everything. Rules around financial sustainability which don’t prevent from you generating a notional cash benefit from selling something you own to yourself don’t work. Now I agree, not Chelsea’s fault but you get into grey areas here similar to tax evasion and tax avoidance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.