Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

That’s a charitable analysis I think. When developing rules people don’t think of everything. Rules around financial sustainability which don’t prevent from you generating a notional cash benefit from selling something you own to yourself don’t work. Now I agree, not Chelsea’s fault but you get into grey areas here similar to tax evasion and tax avoidance

But the issue specifically around selling something you own to yourself was investigated and approved by the PL as fair and within the rules long before Clearlake ever bought Chelsea. I wouldn’t even call the hotels thing a loophole. The PL already judged on the matter 4 years ago and decided it was OK, as long the value being claimed in the sale is fair market value.

Today’s Guardian podcast mentioned Chelsea has 200 years remaining on their player contracts. The next highest is Spurs at 100 years.

It really would top off a wonderful week in transfers that.

I said a while ago Sterling would end up at the scum, he seems to be on a mission to alienate every football fan in the country.
I bet there's not many that have played for City, the rags and the dippers.

I've just checked and there's Peter Beardsley.

Last edited:
Today’s Guardian podcast mentioned Chelsea has 200 years remaining on their player contracts. The next highest is Spurs at 100 years.

Which coincidentally is the number of pints of Guinness Barry Glendenning sinks before every episode.

I assume he’s still on it. Haven’t listened for years. Went down the tubes after James Richardson left.

Erm...when did Paul Ince play for City?
I've just double checked and he didn't but had a brief loan spell in 2000 apparently and I don't think Beardsley actually played a game for the rags - so there's none.

I've just double checked and he didn't but had a brief loan spell in 2000 apparently and I don't think Beardsley actually played a game for the rags - so there's none.
I'm certain that Paul Ince didn't join City on loan. I stand to be corrected but he was one year into his Middlesbrough contract at that point and we were in the Championship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.