Chelsea v City post match discussion

pweyhe said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
Decent point but 3 were there for the taking. However how Yaya lasted 92 mins is beyond my simple understanding of football managerial tactics. I just think if Milner, Nasri or any other midfield player played that badly they would have been taken off within the hour.

Nasri would never ever ever miss that many passes to be honest. Even when people say he has a "bad game" he still contributes to our keeping of possession and moving the ball.

I also don't think Milner added a whole lot. Definitely works hard, but he had sooo much space today and did nothing with it.
Missed Nasri for sure..should have come in for Yaya after 60 mins

The "dive" booking was ridiculous, especially when Torres kicked the ball away before. I wonder if Balo had done that, would he have got a booking?

But, apart from those little niggles.. I thought we played really well. Pretty much controlled the game in horrible conditions. I think if we had committed more to attacks, we could've left some gaps and it's just not worth the risk. We fell short on those final balls, if we had made more of those opportunities we should have won that.

But a comfortable point at Stamford Bridge is not to be sniffed at. Especially with the new manager factor.

Not starting Tevez was a stupid thing to do from Mancini.

It was great performance from Kompany, Nastasic, Barry, Milner & Zabaleta.

A point we never got last season. Great defensive performance, shaded it going forward but never caused them enough problems. Can't complain with a point and a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge.

citijin said:
4 "top" strikers but not even a decent chance.

Simply because none of our strikers had a clear shot at their keeper.
We lacked a lot of creativity today, and our passing was way off.
It is a shame because that Chelsea side was deffo there for the taking.

Yaya : seems physically burnt out, he just can't switch gears as he is supposed to in his position

Silva : verry disapointed after his Madrid performance, a poor display by his standard, hardly any chances created in that game

Dzeko, Aguero : Poor mobility equal poor attacking creativity and albeit low chances to score

Milner : verry rusty, his final ball delivery will always be his problem

Nastasic : a star is rising :-)

One last thing, in that same situation, raggs would have been gifted at least a send-off orbetter, a pen / period

We gettin' too cocky now??

Now a draw (dominating at that) AT stanford bridge - is a reason to woman and moan????

Good result by me.

NEXT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.