Chelsea v City post match discussion

adrianr said:
Should have known the ref thread would get merged. Why can't we praise a ref without it getting buried under 40 pages of "good point"?
Because it doesn't fit in with the agenda brigade's agenda.

yes we probably should of won,but that was a good point at the bridge,19 games unbeaten another tough game out of the way and right in the mix for another league title,we,l get stronger as season carrys on,some very good peformances today imo

Caveman said:
pweyhe said:
I'm trying to think of a single good offensive move we had today, and I'm coming up with nothing. I'm sorry but Chelsea were awful today! It's hard to complain with a point at Chelsea usually, but that was just so bland.

We all know Silva can create a goal at anytime, but what's the point of him if we have no one on the field who can facilitate play. Ahem, Samir Nasri. Our passing is never the same without Samir. Honestly, did he like screw Mancini's wife midweek or something? They didn't even have him warming up.
Our passing in the last third is definitely of a lower standard when Samir doesn't play. Samir and David are great together. People think Samir isn't that good but in the last third all those balls where we sloppily gave it away or overhit it out of play, Samir keeps it Blue and revolves the ball for another attack at goal. Today, we'd attack then we'd be sloppy and it all fizzled out.

Exactly. He always keeps it ticking and then has that extra talent to produce great goals. i.e. Chelsea at Etihad last year.

Tevez City said:
Not starting Tevez was a stupid thing to do from Mancini.

It was great performance from Kompany, Nastasic, Barry, Milner & Zabaleta.

For once, I agree..Dzeko should be a super-sub henceforth..

I'll take the point though, and hope the rags lose more points in their coming games..

Wolfy said:
The "dive" booking was ridiculous, especially when Torres kicked the ball away before. I wonder if Balo had done that, would he have got a booking?

But, apart from those little niggles.. I thought we played really well. Pretty much controlled the game in horrible conditions. I think if we had committed more to attacks, we could've left some gaps and it's just not worth the risk. We fell short on those final balls, if we had made more of those opportunities we should have won that.

But a comfortable point at Stamford Bridge is not to be sniffed at. Especially with the new manager factor.
Thought our defence was outstanding. And I thought we'd be in trouble missing both full backs and with Kompany struggling.

Utd are back on top, but if we keep playing like we are we'll pull away from them.

Not vintage but job done. A good point. Played the Champions of Spain followed by the Champions of Europe and not defeated.

pweyhe said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
Good point but we could have had all three to many players are of there game but thought defence was good.I still think we are lacking real quality in midfield apart from silva and sometimes yaya the rest are ordinary i.e milner barry who are just cloggers dont get me wrong they do a job as today proved with the clean sheet but if we are to move forward we need more ball players.

Nasri is one of the best ball players in the world, and we left him on the bench the entire game. Our passing always looks shite without him.

Left nasri out to keep things tight but we missed him going forward today without a doubt.

Good point today unbeaten run remains equalled or bettered last seasons games barring Le Arse by my maths makes us 5 points better off and another clean sheet and Vinny was excellent

Only Ballo made a twat of himself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.