Chelsea v City post match discussion

If Chelsea wouldnt be bad or at least one of Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Torres would show any sign of danger I would be really delighted with a point.

But none of them were good as we worked hard in the back to stop them, neither Ramires who used to play well and score against City, so it was clear we can get a clean sheet after first half so winning the match would be as easy as score a goal against a side that conceded against everyone for their last 10 matches.

They had one striker, a weak, laughable Torres we have Agüero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli quartet and still couldnt score and we have scored 25 goals in the league tey scored 24.

We seriously have to start scoring more goals.

Last year we had an average of 2.44 goals scored per game.
This year we are scoring 1.92 goals per game.
That is half a goal per match. Very important if you can get clean sheets which we can do after we conceded a lot earlier in the season (2 vs. Soton, QPR etc.)

oppa gangnam style said:
If Chelsea wouldnt be bad or at least one of Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Torres would show any sign of danger I would be really delighted with a point.

But none of them were good as we worked hard in the back to stop them, neither Ramires who used to play well and score against City, so it was clear we can get a clean sheet after first half so winning the match would be as easy as score a goal against a side that conceded against everyone for their last 10 matches.

They had one striker, a weak, laughable Torres we have Agüero, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli quartet and still couldnt score and we have scored 25 goals in the league tey scored 24.

That is half a goal per match. Very important if you can get clean sheets which we can do after we conceded a lot earlier in the season (2 vs. Soton, QPR etc.)

That is half a goal per match

What a concept.

Stoned Rose said:
oppa gangnam style said:

What a concept.

"Half a goal per match" less.:)

38 times that and you arrive of scoring 19 goals less than last season.

oppa gangnam style said:
Stoned Rose said:
oppa gangnam style said:

What a concept.

"Half a goal per match" less.:)

38 times that and you arrive of scoring 19 goals less than last season.
You can't expect to be taken seriously with a username like yours. No matter how much you manipulate the figures. You are named after a fat Korean clown. Manc style.

I honestly don't understand those who are pissed that we didn't get the win. Disappointed yes. But angry?? Id' be fuming *if* we'd have lost.

As it is, we came out flat and drew with the 4th placed team in the PL.
RM lost their game to 5th placed team in La Liga.

Obviously, that game took a lot out of both teams. We kept their triumvirate quiet and kept Torres from scoring even with all moaning. They had as much on the line as we did not to lose. And it showed. I'll take the point for this game and hope we can win more Away games from now on.

In the grand scheme of things, a point at Stamford Bridge is not bad.

Too much focus has been on us and the Rags fighting for the title BUT Chelsea are still realistic title contenders and it was vital we never let them gain ground on us. 4 Points is a good cushion against Chelsea especially after getting the game at the Bridge out of the way.

A few blues are taking our position for granted. You only need to look down at Arsenal and Spurs who are really up against it in finishing in a top 4 slot. We are in a healthy position and a long as we keep in touching distance at least going into the New Year, I honestly think we will blitz the 2nd half of the season with the squad we have. We havn't hit top gear yet and the rest of the league better watch out when we do. The longer we go unbeaten the more we will feel invincible.

Its looking good!!! CTID

We played ok today and so did Chelsea and draw was a fair result. I do feel that we had more chances but for some reason didn't want it enough. I have been saying all season long that some of our key players aren't in the form they were in last season and that its going to be much harder to win the league. I still do feel that we can do it. Today Yaya had a really bad day therefore the whole team played bad. I am a huge Dzeko fan and I do admit that today wasn't his best game but he looked much better to me then Aguero so I really have no idea why Mancini took him off before Aguero. Anyway I hope that we can get it together and win the title again. On the bright side our defence did look better today. At least to me.

Decent enough point although they were there for the taking and I reckon had we started Tevez we may have won

soccerfan88 said:
We played ok today and so did Chelsea and draw was a fair result. I do feel that we had more chances but for some reason didn't want it enough. I have been saying all season long that some of our key players aren't in the form they were in last season and that its going to be much harder to win the league. I still do feel that we can do it. Today Yaya had a really bad day therefore the whole team played bad. I am a huge Dzeko fan and I do admit that today wasn't his best game but he looked much better to me then Aguero so I really have no idea why Mancini took him off before Aguero. Anyway I hope that we can get it together and win the title again. On the bright side our defence did look better today. At least to me.

But appearances can be deceptive, the stats for us this season are quite impressive, we are still unbeaten

We should know better than anyone that the only time it matters to be top of the league is when a final ball is kicked!

Seems plenty are more preoccupied with how it looks in the eyes of others, when a point here and there means nowt.

We were excellent from start to finish with regards the entire defence, the way we kept possession and work rate.

Barry and Milner were superb and had to be, to compensate for Yaya's sloppiness and seeming indifference?

As Mancini said, good up to final third and none of our strikers are prolific enough away from home.

A second 0-0 on the back of West Ham away, again, all the control from us.

I do think we start to turn such games with more directness towards goal, and that comes through sheer pace.

Sinclair or Maicon, something has to give to push us over the top.

90 per cent of the Premier League would take a point against us at their place if you offered it to them now.

Something for both manager and our forwards to ponder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.