Chelsea v City post match discussion

Chippy_boy said:
Meh

Played ok I suppose. Lots of industry from Milner, Barry, Zabaletta and Kolorov. But fuck all quality from any of those four as usual, I am afraid.

Still, bossed the game really and as long as we continue to boss games, we will win most and draw some... Which will mean we are champions come May.

A bit harsh on Zab perhaps, but for all his courageous efforts - which are to be applauded - there's not many goals coming from the right when he plays.

I hope I am reading you statement wrong, but I will always defend Gareth Barry to the hilt and what he brings to my team. He regularly produces lots of industry, which helps us to boss games...job done wouldn't you say??? Then its up to Yaya, Silva, Dzeko and Aguero to do their job wouldn't you then say?

Don't see much criticism of any of them in your post?

Drewmanc said:
Something that is annoying me over and over about our play is that no one has a pop from distance. Barry is the most guilty of this, I've counted numerous times that he could have had a pop and opts to pass. Yaya, Aguero, Balo, Nasri, Tevez can all whack a ball from 18-25yrds but very rarely do. A scramble from a save/post/deflection with players like Aguero and tevez lurking may pay dividends.

Yep Milner had a glaring chance to shoot but Opted to pass and the pass was poor never found the man

Pam said:
Drewmanc said:
Something that is annoying me over and over about our play is that no one has a pop from distance. Barry is the most guilty of this, I've counted numerous times that he could have had a pop and opts to pass. Yaya, Aguero, Balo, Nasri, Tevez can all whack a ball from 18-25yrds but very rarely do. A scramble from a save/post/deflection with players like Aguero and tevez lurking may pay dividends.

Stop letting it annoy you then and concentrate on the fact that we have the best squad in the league and we will probably win enough to take the title again.

It's not an OOT assessment I don't think, I'm happy how our season is progressing, we're getting steadily into our stride for the tough Dec/Jan when we had our worst spell last year. Today's game proved we've stepped it up, 4 weeks ago Mata/Hazard/Oscar were the best hings since football began - today they did nothing, nullified by a much superior def/mid. We controlled 70% of today's game without threatening the goal too much. The fact of a long shot conceeding possession is moot as we were winning the ball back easily. Long shots can create havoc and we just don't do it.

r.soleofsalford said:
Yaya_Tony said:
r.soleofsalford said:
imo none of our strikers are playing well, whys that ?
No idea mate, and for the record I agree. Maybe we have been concentrating on defending during training, so making attacks hasn't had as much attention? I don't see the lads every day so I couldn't tell you the reason why we look so shit in front of goal, but i am consoled by the defensive performance today. One step at a time and all that, we were leaking goals and if today is anything to go by, it is less of a worry.

i thought in defense joe could have brought a good book to read. vincent, nasty and zab were brilliant. in midfield yaya doesnt look the player he was last season in this deeper roll he`s being asked to play, silva played well in parts but drifted in and out of the game probably because chelsea were trying to close the spaces between the lines, milner and barry worked there bollocks off up front though imo we look toothless, carlos, sergio, edin and mario are all struggling with lack of service but even more so with a lack of movement.
"toothless"

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=272408&start=180#p6229580

manimanc said:
to whoever said we`re acting like spoilt girls go and give your head a wobble..

we was playing a team that was there for the taking,the crowd was booing the manager before we even kicked off,the got a £50M striker who couldn`t get in the dog and duck first eleven,add all that together and us as champions should be coming back up the M1 with three points,in my opinion they was there for the taking but we laboured for 90mins and made benitez look like fuckin einstein..

we got a team to match anybody, at the moment chelsea don`t know their arse from their elbow and yes in the grand scheme of the things it`s a good point to take with us but at the moment it`s definately two points dropped...

You think Benitez looked like Einstein even though his team had 1 shot on target and 42% possession at home?

Not my head that needs wobbling son.

manimanc said:
and they blown everybody away with that drogba penalty in munich didn`t they,get the fuck out of my face with the "champions of europe" bullshit please,they fluked it and we know it and they know it,they arn`t all that and it`s a soup sandwich behind the scenes there as the owner thinks he`s franz beckanbauer,he signed torres and torres is dogshit which if you read between the lines they only started with 10 men today...

they was nervous,the crowd was nervous and they had an off day on which we didn`t seize by the bollocks,somebody pointed out that if it was the rags they would have smelt blood and gone for the juglar but we looked like we was playing for a point,i didn`t see any of our players in top gear,busting a gut,they just looked like they was on auto pilot for the 90...

and yes we`re still unbeaten but we could have been unbeaten top of the table by a point....

The rags? the rags only could only just beat Chelsea with 9 men.

Tony Adcock said:
And can Kun please get some studs in his boots !
If not, can the Sheikh please stop it raining. Sergio doesn't score when he is slipping. Can't just blame the studs, His Highness needs to shoulder some of the blame for allowing this adverse weather.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.