Chelsea v City post match thread

Re: Shoddy tactics

markbmcfc said:
Out of interest, who would you put on the other wing if Johnson is on the other?

I've just clocked this in my post... and I honestly don't know. For the moment somebody like Aguero and discipline him to stay there. But it's been obvious for a while now we need another winger in our sqaud, there's no plan B when we're up against it

mcfc-mark said:
markbmcfc said:
Out of interest, who would you put on the other wing if Johnson is on the other?

I've just clocked this in my post... and I honestly don't know. For the moment somebody like Aguero and discipline him to stay there. But it's been obvious for a while now we need another winger in our sqaud, there's no plan B when we're up against it

Aguero left wing? He needs to be on the shoulder of the last defender, not stuck out wide.

The problem is, we don't have another winger and Nasri/Silva won't be as effective in a 442, which is why we dont play that way.

Sometimes, we just get beaten. Tactics that have got us in this position are not the issue, we just lost, nothing more or less.

markbmcfc said:
mcfc-mark said:
markbmcfc said:

Aguero left wing? He needs to be on the shoulder of the last defender, not stuck out wide.

The problem is, we don't have another winger and Nasri/Silva won't be as effective in a 442, which is why we dont play that way.

Sometimes, we just get beaten. Tactics that have got us in this position are not the issue, we just lost, nothing more or less.

I'd give Johnson a try out on the left, can't do much harm to try really. Like a proper 4-4-2. Mind you I'm only thinking to try this when our best fullbacks are injured/suspended (or rotated) Then the system should be adjusted to utilise their talents. IMO of course

we need a winger in jan... and no matter what keep hold of Johnson

Awful performance after the first 25 minutes. Yet again we score, get frustrated things are not going for us and then retreat and allow the opposition to dictate. Simply not good enough if we are going to win the League.
Yaya needs sending to the African Nations before xmas as he looks as though he needs a good rest and his performance last night was 100% awful and Lescott and Kompany are both in poor form and have been for a while.

We need to go back to playing De Jong in Midfield to protect the back 4 a bit and play 1 up front, the goals we are conceding are comical.

Clattenburg is a joke & I have lost count of the number of games that man has cost us.

mcfc-mark said:
markbmcfc said:
mcfc-mark said:

I'd give Johnson a try out on the left, can't do much harm to try really. Like a proper 4-4-2. Mind you I'm only thinking to try this when our best fullbacks are injured/suspended (or rotated) Then the system should be adjusted to utilise their talents. IMO of course

So who plays on the right!?

Collected thoughts on the match.

When chelsea moved their defensive line and midfielders 20 yards deeper after 30 mins it changed the game. City needed width at point, and it didn't come. Richards is such an important player now for that very reason - he IS the city right flank. Wing play should have been the tactic from that point onward. Width is so important to city, allowing city to play narrow in midfield, rotating the front 4 or 5(with nasri playing) at will, out numbering the 4-4-2\4-3-3 stodge most teams deploy.
Clichy obviously had a bad evening, but he is still the best lb at the club and like anyone, should be supported back to form.
I didn't think the merieles tackle was a red, he made contact but didn't push through his leg. Clichy's was a second booking all day long, so had to go.
The real debate is the silva penalty, clear as day, right in front of the ref, thats what you would call dodgy. Its a game changer as well. Make of that what you want.
On the subs, I don't ever believe in taking Silva off, he is too important in keeping the ball (which is the one time chelsea can't score), so if shoring it up - don't take the wee man off, he is untouchable in my mind. I think something similar happened at fulham, tried to shore it up, took off silva, shipped an late equaliser. Being down to 10 men, something had to give in the forward area, I accept that so perhaps the gaffer thought his hand was forced.

markbmcfc said:
mcfc-mark said:
markbmcfc said:

So who plays on the right!?

Haha you've got me there...but this is why we need another winger in our squad, as a matter of fact we should already have one. For 90% of games we'll be fine playing our desired system but like I said before if it's not working there needs to be a plan B

Well. I am angry at that penalty not being given and also to a certain extent that Mereles was not sent off, but that does not excuse the fact that Chelsea outplayed us for the majority of the game. Some real below par performances this evening. What was up with Yaya? He was truly shocking. However, I am confident we will bounce back against Arsenal. I cannot see us not beating them at home. We did not look like conceding when we went down to 10 men and their penalty was a moment of stupidity by Lescott. What was he doing flailing his arms in the air like that? The trajectory of the ball looked like it was going well over.

Disappointing result blew them away first 25mins, then just let them back in, lets pick up the pieces and keep going, its a long way to go yet!!!, onwards and upwards......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.