Chelsea v City Post Match Thread

bluethunder said:
we have been looking shaky in defence for a long long time. long before pellegrini was signed. the heart of the problem lies not with the CB's but with the fullbacks, zabaleta, clichy and kolarov, these three are utter shite that need not be playing for us. get then to fook off.

Abandon.gif

stan bowles said:
What a total fuck up. 95 mins of hard effort ruined by a sunday league catastrophe. No idea why Hart came racing out so far ? No idea why Natastic didn't head it away from the goal towards the corner flag ? No golden gloves for Hart this season. I question whether his eyesight is good enough (seriously).

Apart from that Clichy was awful in the first half and Garcia hopeless too (could have seen red). I am amazed Lescott can't get into that team. Going forward we were good, at times very good. Just a shame we are total shite defensively. Couldn't overcome those defensive weaknesses today. I'd go de Michelis and Lescott until Kompany is back fit.
How the fuck Pelligrini can put a new CB in , who has not played in the back four before in a game as important as this beats me. Lescot must be injured , if not there is a big doubt wether he knows what he his doing, also not playing James Milner instead of Garcia is a joke. LOVE TO KNOW WHAT ....MANCINI ....IS THINKING AT THIS VERY MOMENT. By the way ... Is Hart taking Bungs.

inbetween said:
On the train home, didn't think we deserved to lose that game! Thought Sergio, Fernandinho, Nasri, Silva were all outstanding. Think we got undone with some terrible defending for their first and then one of the worst mistakes I've seen, it was a total gift! Happy with the performance and felt Pellegrini couldn't really of done any better, it was a decent team and we played well but unfortunately a stupid mistake cost us the game. Not worried anyway, we aren't too far behind, plenty of games to go and if we play like that not many teams will best us. I think the defence really lacks a leader and we just look a little lacking in organisation without Kompany, Demichelis did a decent job today though. Anyway onwards and upwards!
Very well summed up!
No reason for despair.

tijuana tev said:
stan bowles said:
What a total fuck up. 95 mins of hard effort ruined by a sunday league catastrophe. No idea why Hart came racing out so far ? No idea why Natastic didn't head it away from the goal towards the corner flag ? No golden gloves for Hart this season. I question whether his eyesight is good enough (seriously).

Apart from that Clichy was awful in the first half and Garcia hopeless too (could have seen red). I am amazed Lescott can't get into that team. Going forward we were good, at times very good. Just a shame we are total shite defensively. Couldn't overcome those defensive weaknesses today. I'd go de Michelis and Lescott until Kompany is back fit.
How the fuck Pelligrini can put a new CB in , who has not played in the back four before in a game as important as this beats me. Lescot must be injured , if not there is a big doubt wether he knows what he his doing, also not playing James Milner instead of Garcia is a joke. LOVE TO KNOW WHAT ....MANCINI ....IS THINKING AT THIS VERY MOMENT. By the way ... Is Hart taking Bungs.

Mancini gave Nastasic his debut in the Bernabeu

Point?

Marvin said:
No need t change tactics. We're bossing games home and away - just need to stop the self-inflicted errors
Away from home we didn't boss Cardiff and we didn't boss Stoke. We bossed Villa but they've lost four out of five at home this season. We only bossed Chelsea if you ignore the misses from Cahill and Torres.
At home we didn't really boss Hull, but other than that we've not played anybody worth mentioning. - I know Everton are doing well so far but the general consensus is that it won't last.

bluethunder said:
we have been looking shaky in defence for a long long time. long before pellegrini was signed. the heart of the problem lies not with the kompany and nastasic but with the lescott, zabaleta, clichy and kolarov, these five are utter shite that need not be playing for us. get them to fook off. they are a complete disaster.
I agree, we should be bringing in some of the players that have played in the Prem's tightest defence for the past three seasons. Erm, perhaps.
And that only looks like four.

East Level 2 said:
bluethunder said:
we have been looking shaky in defence for a long long time. long before pellegrini was signed. the heart of the problem lies not with the kompany and nastasic but with the lescott, zabaleta, clichy and kolarov, these five are utter shite that need not be playing for us. get them to fook off. they are a complete disaster.
I agree, we should be bringing in some of the players that have played in the Prem's tightest defence for the past three seasons. Erm, perhaps.

The fact that they have played well in the past doesn't guarantee they'll play well moving forward. Clichy obviously got skinned for the goal, and a few other times in the match. he's been brutal when he's played this season, and I really have LOVED Clichy to this point. Zabaleta has also been very far off his prior season's form. Not making as many big glaring errors like Gael, but not contributing nearly as much, either. Our system still creates a lot of space for the fullbacks, but thus far they haven't been up for the challenge

teddykgb said:
East Level 2 said:
bluethunder said:

The fact that they have played well in the past doesn't guarantee they'll play well moving forward. Clichy obviously got skinned for the goal, and a few other times in the match. he's been brutal when he's played this season, and I really have LOVED Clichy to this point. Zabaleta has also been very far off his prior season's form. Not making as many big glaring errors like Gael, but not contributing nearly as much, either. Our system still creates a lot of space for the fullbacks, but thus far they haven't been up for the challenge

Clichy has been poor this season. The others haven't been "utter shite" at all.

another problem we have is that silva and nasri dont do enough defending. nasri in particular. i dunno why milner couldnt have started intead of nasri.

so instead of milner coming off the bench, navas comes on does absolutely nothing to change the game. the kid is afraid to get injured or something.

these games are made for milner, but unforunately pellegrini cannot see that.

Really feel we should of brought on a bit more of a defensive element (Milner) into the game to see it out. To be fair though it was down to a mistake they scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.