Chelsea vs City Post Match Thread

I'd rather judge a player on his overall contribution over the course of a season. Hell, even Kevin Bond had a the odd good game.
Navas has 1 goals and 6 assists this season. Sterling has 11 goals and 4 assists in 200 less minutes played. That's more than twice of Navas' production.

we had pace yesterday on the break and a more direct approach, getting the ball quickly from the back to front. As others have said, we didn't miss Silva yesterday and in fact, we were far better without him slowing things down...I'm not sure we'd have got any of those goals yesterday as if he'd been involved, he'd have done that twisting and turning back thing he always seems to do when he gets the ball on the break. Not slagging off wee Dave there but with KDB & Nasri playing so well together....

Clearly we have the players to defend deep and hit on the break. A huge shame that we haven't used the tactic more often against this season's top 6.
Ah well onwards and upwards.

Whilst you've got your stats out can you tell me how many pass interceptions, tackles, and blocks Jesus got in in the PSG game.
So what is the main job of a winger? Create assists and goals or make interceptions, tackles, and blocks?

To be fair to Catflapp jar. ( I never thought I'd say this), when he started talking about how good we were, Soreness butted in and said something like, "See how far the Chelsea players were standing off the ball," to which, Redknapp replied, "I want to talk about how good City were," and went on to highlight our great counter-at tackling.

And we were. Right from the start of the game, we were running at Chelsea's defence and causing them all sorts of problems. It was brilliant to watch and Samir Nasri played as big a part in it as Kevin de Bruyne, Jesús Navas, Yaya Touré and Sergio Agüero.

Souness normally hypes us up, he's normally defended us on match days when we've played well, so he's clearly seen something in our game that he's not impressed with, or he's not that convinced Chelsea were up to it either.... or maybe he just doesn't like Pellegrini?

Think Chelsea had the best of the first 10-15 minutes of the game, after that they didn't look like scoring.

Clearly we have the players to defend deep and hit on the break. A huge shame that we haven't used the tactic more often against this season's top 6.
Ah well onwards and upwards.

No shite Scherlock. You could count on your thumbs how many games we kept these very same players ( KDB and Nasri ) injury free.
Boxing day we are two points behind Leicester and then big bang boom : KDB's injured followed by Nasri, look where it sent us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.