Christian Benteke

Re: Benteke

de niro said:
he's still raw but i think he'd get shit loads at our place.

if there was one obtainable player who would prolifically score goals in our team it would be Jermaine defoe.

stavros said:
FantasyIreland said:
stavros said:
don't rate him at all

What specifically don't you rate?

He has shown the odd flash of brilliance don't get me wrong.

He is clumsy and first touch is poor.

He looks awkward, and is generally nowhere near the standard we should be looking at.

He will make a career in the premiership but imo will never ever be good enough to start for mcfc or any other club challenging at the top

Very well summed up, have seen him live several times this season while working at Villa, he is miles away from Cavani or Falcao, which is were we should be looking if we are going to lose one of our current strikers.

brummie blue said:
stavros said:
FantasyIreland said:
What specifically don't you rate?

He has shown the odd flash of brilliance don't get me wrong.

He is clumsy and first touch is poor.

He looks awkward, and is generally nowhere near the standard we should be looking at.

He will make a career in the premiership but imo will never ever be good enough to start for mcfc or any other club challenging at the top

Very well summed up, have seen him live several times this season while working at Villa, he is miles away from Cavani or Falcao, which is were we should be looking if we are going to lose one of our current strikers.

cheers.

Im sure some people see him on MOTD smash one in and assume hes a superb up and coming player.

For me he is , and never will be anything more than decent/average.

Like Stavros said very average Benteke.Let him go to someone else we dont need him.If he was any good he would have scored an hatrick against Bradford City!!!!!

MSP said:
nowhere near top 4 teams football
I think he'd be alright for someone like Spurs, likes of Defoe and Dempsey would work well around him, and he'd get good service form Bale and Lennon.

stavros said:
de niro said:

if there was one obtainable player who would prolifically score goals in our team it would be Jermaine defoe.
Very similar to Aguero. No bad thing!

Marvin said:
stavros said:
de niro said:

Very similar to Aguero. No bad thing!

Don't think he's attainable though, spurs have no strike force as it is.they simply couldn,t sell.

Akira said:
Martin* said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Who said I wanted either Cavani or Falcoa or that was the only choice? And when you said 'nothing is certain' - it was as close as possible to certain that RVP would be. BA was another.

Why would we buy Benteke - i dont see the reasoning at all? We can afford the best proven strikers in the world and if we want to win the CL then thats what we have to aim at.
IF (and its a huge IF) Benteke proves himself over the next two Seasons then we can make a move - but let them 'bring him on' first.
I never said you wanted either Cavani or Falcao, hence 'we' and not 'you'.

I highlighted those two in particular as they are the most discussed forwards on here. Buying a Falcao/Cavani/anyone outside the Premier League represents a gamble to an extent. Especially with the figures being touted.

Van Persie and Ba were both scoring goals in this league for lesser clubs. The gamble was incredibly limited. In fact, in Ba's case there wasn't really a gamble at all. A mid 20's player who's scored goals for mid table teams available for 7mil when you have a misfiring 50mil striker? No brainer. The only gamble with Van Persie was his injuries.

Why would we buy Benteke? FFP. Young. Bags of ability/potential. Scoring in England. Already having three proven strikers at the club. Etc.

Arsenal is hardly a lesser club. I highly doubt a midfielder that had Cesc, Arteta, Wilshere etc constitutes poor service.

You know, just saying.
Last trophy Arsenal won?

Here are the stats for the 11/12 season at Arsenal for the players you mentioned (Van Persie's best season):

Cesc Fabregas - Played 0, 0 assists. (sold to Barcelona)
Jack Wilshere - Played 0, 0 assits. Injured
Mikel Arteta - Played 38, 3 assists

Most of Van Persies goals were provided by Song - a defensive minded midfielder.

You know, just saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.