Christian Benteke

Re: Benteke

CTID101 said:
What?

This is Michu and Bentekes first season and admittedly they are doing well but right now but we have seen this before and in the second season they are nowhere near as effective and good.
Watch a fucking game, Michu has genuine technical quality, particularly in front of goal which should enable him to succeed in most environments. He's bagged 18 in all competitions this season. Save for any injuries I'd wager that he gets at least 15 goals next season.
Not a huge Benteke fan, I don't even think he's been that good this season, just decent in a really shit team.

I know exactly how good he is, I called it when Swansea signed him. I loved watching him at Rayo last year.

I am just saying that we won't be buying either when its a risk being their first season.

2rnblzt.png

CTID101 said:
I know exactly how good he is, I called it when Swansea signed him. I loved watching him at Rayo last year.

I am just saying that we won't be buying either when its a risk being their first season.
Apologies then. I read that as you saying we wouldn't sign any players who recently enjoyed successes in the league despite being new to it as they are one-season wonders.

Joehannes said:
CTID101 said:

Apologies then. I read that as you saying we wouldn't sign any players who recently enjoyed successes in the league despite being new to it as they are one-season wonders.
I would love it if we signed Michu, I agree with you he is a great player. I am just saying that if I put myself in Khaldoons shoes it is a risk when Swansea will ask a big fee and anything could change.

I clearly meant a goal every other game. More attention required before hitting 'submit'.

Chill out.

Not at our standard.
Playing as the main man for Villa is a different kettle of fish to playing as one of many for City.

Maybe in the future, if he proves himself at somewhere like Spurs first.

Two years ago, there was a thread about Darren Bent and how guaranteed goal scorer he is.

King-Kun said:
Not at our standard.
Playing as the main man for Villa is a different kettle of fish to playing as one of many for City.

Maybe in the future, if he proves himself at somewhere like Spurs first.

Yes and rather than paying £6-8m (If Villa go down) now we'll be paying £20-30m in the future.

Benteke could be everything Balotelli should have been for us.

A big powerful striker in his very early 20s who has the potential to be world class.

I think he's the next Didier Drogba.

I've been impressed with him this season and can tell he isn't a one season wonder, but a player who is very good with loads of potential. He will go on to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world one day.

Cavani, Aguero, Benteke and Guidetti next season? I'd take that.

I would much rather we spent the money on a world class striker and a forward/winger such as Sanchez or Jovetic.

If we were to get Cavani how much much playing time would Benteke get with Aguero, Cavani and Guidetti also there. He is doing well now because he is the focus of every attack. Lukaku his fellow countryman is better than him and will only get better, shame he is at Chelsea.

Maybe I just can't see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.