Christian Benteke

Re: Benteke

ManCitizens. said:
King-Kun said:
Not at our standard.
Playing as the main man for Villa is a different kettle of fish to playing as one of many for City.

Maybe in the future, if he proves himself at somewhere like Spurs first.

Yes and rather than paying £6-8m (If Villa go down) now we'll be paying £20-30m in the future.

This is the thing allot on here now dont want to take gambles and get the player cheap they want someone proved and expensive i'm not saying it is wrong I just think allot of fans just want the finished product. I would not mind taking a gamble and bringing in a striker without a huge fee attached to him though.

ManCitizens. said:
King-Kun said:
Not at our standard.
Playing as the main man for Villa is a different kettle of fish to playing as one of many for City.

Maybe in the future, if he proves himself at somewhere like Spurs first.

Yes and rather than paying £6-8m (If Villa go down) now we'll be paying £20-30m in the future.

If over a longer period he proves he's to our standard, then spending £20 odd million on him would be justified.

CityFan94 said:
Benteke could be everything Balotelli should have been for us.

A big powerful striker in his very early 20s who has the potential to be world class.

I think he's the next Didier Drogba.

I've been impressed with him this season and can tell he isn't a one season wonder, but a player who is very good with loads of potential. He will go on to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world one day.

Cavani, Aguero, Benteke and Guidetti next season? I'd take that.
I could not agree more.

It's easy to say 'let's sign all these proven players for huge fees' but the fact is you can not keep 3/4 proven strikers happy as we have found out. It is also not financially sound to have 50 million pounds worth of strikers sitting on your bench, especially with FFP.

2 x world class (Aguero and Cavani/Falcao)
1 x mid range happy to play 20/25 games a season (Benteke)
1 x promising academy youngster for cups/odd PL games (Guidetti)

The amount of times I see topics on here with "why didn't we sign player x, look how good he is now" is incredible. Sometimes it's the players you take a punt on for a low fee who turn out to be the backbone of a team; Hart, Kompany, Clichy and Zabaleta are testament to this. They have grown with the club and would be worth 20/30 mil each in today’s market. We got the lot for less than 20mil.

King-Kun said:
Not at our standard.

Exactly - obviously it's harder to shine with worse players supporting you. Chances are he'll score a lot more goals for City than for Villa.

Martin* said:
CityFan94 said:
Benteke could be everything Balotelli should have been for us.

A big powerful striker in his very early 20s who has the potential to be world class.

I think he's the next Didier Drogba.

I've been impressed with him this season and can tell he isn't a one season wonder, but a player who is very good with loads of potential. He will go on to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world one day.

Cavani, Aguero, Benteke and Guidetti next season? I'd take that.
I could not agree more.

It's easy to say 'let's sign all these proven players for huge fees' but the fact is you can not keep 3/4 proven strikers happy as we have found out. It is also not financially sound to have 50 million pounds worth of strikers sitting on your bench, especially with FFP.

2 x world class (Aguero and Cavani/Falcao)
1 x mid range happy to play 20/25 games a season (Benteke)
1 x promising academy youngster for cups/odd PL games (Guidetti)

The amount of times I see topics on here with "why didn't we sign player x, look how good he is now" is incredible. Sometimes it's the players you take a punt on for a low fee who turn out to be the backbone of a team; Hart, Kompany, Clichy and Zabaleta are testament to this. They have grown with the club and would be worth 20/30 mil each in today’s market. We got the lot for less than 20mil.

Don't think Guidetti will subscribe to that for long.

The issue here really is that he could be a good option for 3rd 4th striker who could develop into something better but you know Villa would want £20m and that should get you more than a bit of potential. Need to pick up these type of players before the premier league premium and city premiums are added, if possible

ell said:
Would he develop to the player he should be playing 4th choice here?

The previous poster has it right. Get in first before their valuations go through the roof. If a player proves his worth, he either plays or is sold at a profit. If he flops, we would sell at a loss, but a smaller loss than it would have been if we'd done an Adebayor and paid silly money. With FFP, we have to box a bit more clever than in the days when we were able to throw money around as if it was going out of fashion.

Yup, if he was a £5million kid our scouts found then go ahead and sign him, certainly not worth paying £20million for to play a peripheral role. Mauro Icardi, Wilfried Bony or Burak Yilmaz would probably cost less and score as many or more. And there are probably about 10 other Bentekes out there barely on the radar who would cost peanuts. Possibly one (Guidetti) would cost nothing if he turns out well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.