Christian Benteke

Re: Benteke

Thought he tired in the last 15-20 minutes, so would like to see his pass completion record up to that point, as before that he was extremely impressive. He would certainly prosper in a system where midfielders run beyond him -North London more than us-, but he can score and looks a proper handful for defenders.

Paul Lambert is adamant that Aston Villa must resist any Manchester City raid for Christian Benteke.

Big-spending City have snapped up Gareth Barry and James Milner from the Midlands outfit in previous summers.

Now the Premier League champions fancy striker Benteke, who has bagged 13 league goals in a stunning debut season in English football - although they face competition from Italy's Fiorentina.

Villa manager Lambert has told officials at the club, including owner Randy Lerner, that they simply must not sell the 22-year-old Belgium front-man.

Lambert wants to build a team at the Brummies and sees Benteke, bought last summer for £8million from Genk in his Belgian homeland, as a vital cog in that emerging side.

Klopp Flop said:
Not good enogh..

3rd/4th choice striker than yes

Is Mario,and maybe even Edin,not evidence enough that four strikers,capable,and expecting,to be first choice,is not a healthy situation to have?

I think 2 maybe 3 'first choice' and 2 back up is a good balance.

Klopp Flop said:
Not good enogh..

When the Rags lost the league to us last year they went out and bought one of the best strikers in the League in Van Persie.

This lad is not one of the best strikers in the League, a good player yes but ultimately not good enough.

If we want to make a statement of intent lets go and buy "Bale" or "Wiltshere" or ""Ronaldo". I'll let Bobby/the board make the decisions.

FantasyIreland said:
Klopp Flop said:
Not good enogh..

Is Mario,and maybe even Edin,not evidence enough that four strikers,capable,and expecting,to be first choice,is not a healthy situation to have?

I think 2 maybe 3 'first choice' and 2 back up is a good balance.

Yep, you have a point there, I just don't think he's good enough as 1st/2nd choice. his work rate is brilliant though.

Klopp Flop said:
Not good enogh..

If Press speculation has any truth in it, we may be in need of three or four strikers this summer. In which case, Benteke will be that 3rd or 4th choice man.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 am --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
Paul Lambert is adamant that Aston Villa must resist any Manchester City raid for Christian Benteke.

Big-spending City have snapped up Gareth Barry and James Milner from the Midlands outfit in previous summers.

Now the Premier League champions fancy striker Benteke, who has bagged 13 league goals in a stunning debut season in English football - although they face competition from Italy's Fiorentina.

Villa manager Lambert has told officials at the club, including owner Randy Lerner, that they simply must not sell the 22-year-old Belgium front-man.

Lambert wants to build a team at the Brummies and sees Benteke, bought last summer for £8million from Genk in his Belgian homeland, as a vital cog in that emerging side.

I think we'll find that it is Lerner who tells Lambert who stays and who goes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.