Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueHalli said:
BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
Bristol-Blue said:
i'm on year abroad in salamanca so have been down to the stadium a couple of times to watch some poor football, but the atmosphere is decent among a small set of fans which i can imagine is what "the citizens" are aiming for.

they have a drum, which is used solely to keep songs going for longer and is very good at achieving this, yesterday at the start of the second half the same chant was repeated for maybe 10 mins (think yaya/kolo chant for length). they also have a "capo", or in other words, a big bloke with a megaphone who starts songs off. he stands in the centre of the group - not at the front like we have seen with some travelling european fans, and it seems to work well.

good luck to the blues trying to get this going at city, however they will be hindered by the fact that like-minded fans cant stand together at the etihad. it should work at the eds games with no opposition fans present, as was the case here yesterday as CD marino didnt bring any fans from tenerife to watch them get stuffed 5-0.

now to try and understand what they're singing about.

Yeah, I have seen videos where there is only a few fans and it can be done really well. Maybe in the future when there is enough of us we might try a drum and see what it goes like and see what peoples reactions are. There seems to be a big divide between people that want drums and the people that don't.

The thing is, those that are against a drum are the ones that wont be goin. I say take one. If you listen to near on all the good ultras you will hear they have a drum. Ill just say that if a drum is used it needs to be by someone that can keep a good rythem. Ill see you lot up there for the Chelsea game but unfortunatly cant make the Juv game due to work and travel. It'll be awesome if it is on ESPN and you boys can get a good show goin with plenty of noise.

Good point, we don't have a drum at the minute but intend to try one in the future when there is more people, we don't want to use a drum over 20-30 people maybe if there was 50+. All good ultras have a drum, some people compare a drum to a premiership side that uses a drum but they don't use it the way we intend to.

hilts said:
Good luck to you guys, there is no harm in trying rather than just complaining, i feel though that the problem is that not enough fans want to sing all game, im in 110 and have noticed recently that the south stand seem to have lost there mojo when it comes to singing, why i dont honestly know, it's like there is a new set of fans in there which isnt the case.

If people around me sing i do, when they stop i do but a lot prefer not to bother at all except at certain times, dont know what the answer is apart from putting like minded supporters together but not sure this is possible

I don't know what has happened to the south stand it has gone down hill rapid, I also sing every time someone try's to start a song even if its just me and the guy starting. With what we are doing you will not have to worry about that problem.

just been watching bundasliga on tv showing all the weekends games... Every home team has fans bouncing, constent singing, even the mid table clubs with small grounds do it.

Shows how far behind we have got in the PL...

Makes me even more determined to get this off the ground, lets be the first to do this in the PL. We are gifted watching city and what has now been created, come on and do our bit..

This is great news if juve game is televised..

ctid

trevorriley said:
just been watching bundasliga on tv showing all the weekends games... Every home team has fans bouncing, constent singing, even the mid table clubs with small grounds do it.

Shows how far behind we have got in the PL...

Makes me even more determined to get this off the ground, lets be the first to do this in the PL. We are gifted watching city and what has now been created, come on and do our bit..

This is great news if juve game is televised..

ctid

just watched that myself, tbh makes me jealous every single team had amazing atmospheres, bannners, flags full grounds. you name it. I laughed when boateng got the ball in the face and bayern lost :)

you have to remember twenty odd years ago germany was nothing like that =, they have shown us what fan power can do.

It seems that the Etihad has been overtaken by armchair supporters that feel entitled to watch a fantastic game of football just because they've paid the ticket price. I go to the match an support the team i love and hope they play their hearts out for the fans loyalty. I go home and watch the match on tele after, then i can moan whether a player has been shit or the managers got the tactics wrong.

What's gone wrong? It isn't that our fans are shit, ticket prices are too high, or our owners are too stingy. It's that there isn't any camaraderie between city fans. Away from home city fans are bonded by being in the minority in the land of the majority, this brings fans together and they're more vocal in their support because of it. At home we are the majority but that doesn't bring anyone closer together, we barge bast each other in the concourses, sit in silence and scrutinise every movement of our least favourite player and everyone who disagrees is a nob jockey. So forming a group of like minded supporters is the obvious thing to do people who want to be vocal, want to support their team and want to get away from the isolation of being surrounded by people obsessing about the price of bovril.

Who cares about standing? we do it anyway, but safe standing sections would be ideal. We have never had it so good and we should be celebrating that, instead we berate our own for having an off day, that's fucking wrong. Does it make me less of a fan for not being arsed about the scoreline? City could be relegation candidates and i wouldn't waver once.

is the Juve match gonna be moved to the Etihad stadium yet? that would be great!

I am looking for a ride from Fallowfield to Ewen Fields, Hyde FC if the match remains there

PM please, really wanna join The Citizens on that day but don't know how to get there

stimo said:
mcfcliam said:
COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE

EASTLANDS BLUE AND WHITE

Seriously?
they're not doing that are they?! thats just a blatent copy of celtic, im actually dreading this.

there only ideas if they work they work if not then it doesnt matter. St pauli, barca and many other teams sing this, in no way is this copying celtic.besides most songs are copied.

bluebannana said:
stimo said:
mcfcliam said:
COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE

EASTLANDS BLUE AND WHITE

Seriously?
they're not doing that are they?! thats just a blatent copy of celtic, im actually dreading this.

there only ideas if they work they work if not then it doesnt matter. St pauli, barca and many other teams sing this, in no way is this copying celtic.besides most songs are copied.

Just give up. You'll have about 20 people at Hyde. No one will accept you in real life at Eastlands. You only have support on the internet.

No one wants to be told what to sing and when.

mcfcliam said:
bluebannana said:
stimo said:

Just give up. You'll have about 20 people at Hyde. No one will accept you in real life at Eastlands. You only have support on the internet.

youre right we'll just give up ;). 20 people would be great- most ultra groups only start out with five or six people. people are "accepting it" though you only have to look at the interest on facebook and on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.