Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the lads have a go at this Ultras thing looks good away.

All us old heads have our heads stuck in the 'Golden Era' when every game was non stop singing !!!! My Arse!!!

Loads of games at Maine Road where quiet Only the section near away fans sang at most games so its not new whats happening now. Away games have always and will always be the louder fans
So let the lads try what they want

madchester said:

All us old heads have our heads stuck in the 'Golden Era' when every game was non stop singing !!!! My Arse!!!

Loads of games at Maine Road where quiet Only the section near away fans sang at most games so its not new whats happening now. Away games have always and will always be the louder fans

Thanks, I also feel referring to "the old days" is stupid unless you are saying something that we did then that could improve now. Right now the atmosphere is shit. A lot of other sides in this country alot have similar atmosphere as times have changed from the old days. We are going to try and get atmosphere like ultras have.

If you look at other European fans and say wow their atmosphere is good the you should be supporting us, if you think their atmosphere is good but I prefer to sit in silence the we are not for you and if you don't think those European fans have good atmosphere then you definitely aren't going to be behind this idea.

I really don't see what some peoples problems are with The Citizens. If you think you have a better idea please bring fourth its not about outdoing each other we are all blues who want to improve the atmosphere. Please tell idea rather than "saying to people they should sing" and over a forum that the vast majority of blues don't even go on.

People that call us ridicules want us to stop then in a few weeks after there will be a thread again saying how can we improve the atmosphere its full circle.

Its either joining the BA and The Citizens or try a new direction but sitting there spouting shit over an internet forum saying you want the atmosphere yet when someone try you put them down.

Also some people are trying to say we are "cheesey" those people have not even seen us as we have not even gone to the EDS matches yet, its just premature judgement of something you don't fully understand.

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
madchester said:

Thanks, I also feel referring to "the old days" is stupid unless you are saying something that we did then that could improve now. Right now the atmosphere is shit. A lot of other sides in this country alot have similar atmosphere as times have changed from the old days. We are going to try and get atmosphere like ultras have.

If you look at other European fans and say wow their atmosphere is good the you should be supporting us, if you think their atmosphere is good but I prefer to sit in silence the we are not for you and if you don't think those European fans have good atmosphere then you definitely aren't going to be behind this idea.

I really don't see what some peoples problems are with The Citizens. If you think you have a better idea please bring fourth its not about outdoing each other we are all blues who want to improve the atmosphere. Please tell idea rather than "saying to people they should sing" and over a forum that the vast majority of blues don't even go on.

People that call us ridicules want us to stop then in a few weeks after there will be a thread again saying how can we improve the atmosphere its full circle.

Its either joining the BA and The Citizens or try a new direction but sitting there spouting shit over an internet forum saying you want the atmosphere yet when someone try you put them down.

Also some people are trying to say we are "cheesey" those people have not even seen us as we have not even gone to the EDS matches yet, its just premature judgement of something you don't fully understand.

Said this before, the atmosphere is not shit all the time. At times it is very good, at others not bad, at others mediocre. I agree though that the atmosphere needs to be good all the time. A starting point for me would be to stop saying the atmosphere is shit.
Quite simple for me, get more people singing and the atmosphere will be good!! Afterall we average between 30-35 chants / songs per game - more people joining in will instantly improve things! Come on City

The atmosphere yesterday was abysmal, sitting up in 323 i have seen more passion and animation in a graveyard than the punters in the third tier so good luck to you all and more power to your elbow.

Please please no drums though but the more banners and colour the better although seeing the Showsec cretins in action yesterday i'm sure they will do anything they can to put a stop to anything but f**k them and Fletcher, strength in numbers and all that.

philiph20 said:
The atmosphere yesterday was abysmal, sitting up in 323 i have seen more passion and animation in a graveyard than the punters in the third tier so good luck to you all and more power to your elbow.

Please please no drums though but the more banners and colour the better although seeing the Showsec cretins in action yesterday i'm sure they will do anything they can to put a stop to anything but f**k them and Fletcher, strength in numbers and all that.

Flags and banners and other visuals are what we are after tbh, then sing our hearts out.

For the EDS we have loads of flags/banners ready. We are going to use a capo as it seem to get everyone in synch and stuff. At first as was against this idea like many but if you think about it there is no problem as at a match someone starts a song and everyone joins in its the same except the guy starting the song is at the front.

So I don't really see how anyone has a problem with that. As for the drum we will not be using a drum. many people have shown there displeasure towards a drum so one will not be used.

A City equivalent of some of those huge Serie A banners would be fantastic, that Milan pacman one was fantastic, somehow i can see Showsec and Felcher not being too keen, i think they prefer the awful sanitised Etihad experience to any real show of passion.

mcfcliam said:
bluebannana said:
mcfcliam said:
They will never be emulated here. If you think Crystal bloody Palace have a similar atmosphere than Lech Poznan and Aris then you need your head testing.

It doesn't matter anyway as you'll just get laughed out of the ground. Stick to ewan fields where no one goes.

crystal palace do have a good atmsophere though. Yes not on the same level as poznan or european teams but its still a lot better than ours. We have a couple of good atmsopheres a season mainly against united. If we get laughed out the goruind so what ? at least we tried.

and what middle aged blokes and people over the age of 12 want to get involved in this garbage?

I am ashamed tbh

Tbh, Iv been ashamed of our shit silent atmos at Eastlands on more than one occasion.

BlueHalli said:
mcfcliam said:
bluebannana said:
crystal palace do have a good atmsophere though. Yes not on the same level as poznan or european teams but its still a lot better than ours. We have a couple of good atmsopheres a season mainly against united. If we get laughed out the goruind so what ? at least we tried.

and what middle aged blokes and people over the age of 12 want to get involved in this garbage?

I am ashamed tbh

Tbh, Iv been ashamed of our shit silent atmos at Eastlands on more than one occasion.

THIS, Atmosphere has been shit, it doesn't feel good when the away fans sing "shall we sing a song for you" and when you try to sing back no one joins in. Thats what its like when i go to the games. Then the moment you suggest that something be done we are ridiculed. People have said lots of malicious rumors about us if you want to know the truth about The Citizens please PM me or post on this thread.

If people just potentially want to group together in the ground with other like-minded fans that would enjoy the games in a louder and more visual way one day in the future, then get involved with this and get to the EDS games.

Dont be influenced by Dismal and his some what, brown nosed, minions who's toes curl at every time a song is sang inside of football ground, or we aren't stood, arms crossed, facing the travelling support in a poor attempt to intimidate them because.... It's embarrassing him in front of his 30 followers on twitter!

We're all just up for a laugh! seeing them do it at Ajax and Real Madrid it really improved the atmospheres there compared to what it would be like without them! Also I would enjoy bringing banners, flags etc to the games.... if you are the same, get involved, if not, fair enough, but don't tell me how to support the team as we don't tell you how to do it! We merely just invite you to join our way of thinking!

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
madchester said:

This is true and we have start somewhere, also trial and error on drums and capo..

For now either be in it and make suggestions or stay away.

i know what im doing and seems as though we have some good supporters willing to try.. ctid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.