City’s best performances between 1990 and 2008 (pre takeover)?

Always loved the away win at Blackburn in 1995. They were league leaders and would go on and win the title but we went there are played them off the park. It was the kind of result and away performance that we just never seemed to pull off during this period. Flitcroft had 2 goals disallowed (one incorrectly) and Rosler hit the bar after chipping Flowers as well.

Got arrested for running on the pitch after we scored. The goal was disallowed; my fine wasn’t. Chucked out of the nick at 4am and got lift from other nicked blue to bottom of palatine road then walked back into town where I lived. Back to the magistrates after they’d won the league and was hoping that’s get me off with a warning. Nope. £180 fine including costs. Miserable ****. Great night (well, great first half).

City 5-0 Everton at Maine Road around xmas 2001.

I was kid , I'd just fractured a bone in my foot and had to keep it elevated, so had to sit in a wheelchair at the bottom of the kippax.

Seem to recall us being brilliant that day.

edit:

Villa 1-5 City in '91 is always a favourite of mine, as went to it with a friend who was a big Villa fan, and he didn't rate David White at all.

The famous Spurs win with Horton’s fantastic front four

A two nil win away to QPR in the cup early 90s, the consummate away performance

The 2nd half of the famous Blackburn promotion game

City 5-0 Everton at Maine Road around xmas 2001.

I was kid , I'd just fractured a bone in my foot and had to keep it elevated, so had to sit in a wheelchair at the bottom of the kippax.

Seem to recall us being brilliant that day.

edit:
Took the missus to that, highlight for her Caine Dingle doing the half time draw. Remember Evertonians singing we should have gone Christmas shopping .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.