City’s New Kits - 2021/22

The home kit looks great but will be completely ruined if we're wearing blue shorts along with it. Away looks decent. The third though... I just wish Aguero was still here to make it look half decent.

That's not the greatest example, since "Inter Milan(o)" is a recent abbreviation of their original full name...
It’s a fantastic example.

There are numerous teams called Inter around the world. But when you say “Inter” everyone knows who you mean. That’s strong branding.

There are numerous teams called City, but when you say “City” everyone knows who you mean. It’s strong branding.

Calling ourselves “Man City” is weak. It’s almost apologetic.

Imagine saying Michael Jordan played for the “Chi Bulls”.

It’s a fantastic example.

There are numerous teams called Inter around the world. But when you say “Inter” everyone knows who you mean. That’s strong branding.

There are numerous teams called City, but when you say “City” everyone knows who you mean. It’s strong branding.

Calling ourselves “Man City” is weak. It’s almost apologetic.

Imagine saying Michael Jordan played for the “Chi Bulls”.
Inter Milan don't own 4 or 5 other clubs called Inter.

City is also part of our full name. Inter is a modern shortening of Internazionale.

Inter Milan don't own 4 or 5 other clubs called Inter.

City is also part of our full name. Inter is a modern shortening of Internazionale.

I think you and NorCal are maybe missing the point of that example. Which I think is spot on for what it is worth.

The issue isnt hypothetically shortening the Milan to Mi. it is including it at all. Just Inter, works. Inter Mi, doesnt. Just City, works. Man City, a bit washy. It would be like Dortmund putting on Bo.Dortmund. Or Bayern MU.

Part of me half expects puma to include the badge btw, in the middle of the Man City, and maybe that's why they need both, and leaks show it without the badge to generate the talking or even controversy around it for a bit of attention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.