City’s New Kits - 2021/22

I think you and NorCal are maybe missing the point of that example. Which I think is spot on for what it is worth.

The issue isnt hypothetically shortening the Milan to Mi. it is including it at all. Just Inter, works. Inter Mi, doesnt. Just City, works. Man City, a bit washy. It would be like Dortmund putting on Bo.Dortmund. Or Bayern MU.

Part of me half expects puma to include the badge btw, in the middle of the Man City, and maybe that's why they need both, and leaks show it without the badge to generate the talking or even controversy around it for a bit of attention.
The term Man City has been used for as long as I have been a fan, so 44years. Not sure what is washy about it tbh.

I use City a lot and people know who you mean when you say City also.

Nobody has ever called Dortmund Bo. Dortmund.

Inter or AC get used a lot.

It’s a fantastic example.

There are numerous teams called Inter around the world. But when you say “Inter” everyone knows who you mean. That’s strong branding.

There are numerous teams called City, but when you say “City” everyone knows who you mean. It’s strong branding.

Calling ourselves “Man City” is weak. It’s almost apologetic.

Imagine saying Michael Jordan played for the “Chi Bulls”.
I know Norwich and Leicester fans that say City and mean their teams not my team.I've known City fans use Man City all the way back to the 70s. Only seems to have been since the invention of social media that some people have got precious about the Manchester / Man City thing.

It’s a fantastic example.

There are numerous teams called Inter around the world. But when you say “Inter” everyone knows who you mean. That’s strong branding.

There are numerous teams called City, but when you say “City” everyone knows who you mean. It’s strong branding.

Calling ourselves “Man City” is weak. It’s almost apologetic.

Imagine saying Michael Jordan played for the “Chi Bulls”.
To be fair, loads and loads of people refer to us as Man City, including some City fans, so I wouldn't class it as weak branding.

I'm not a fan of it personally and would prefer just City but it's nowhere near as obscure as you're making it out to be. It's actually pretty well established.

I'd rather neither of these names were included though as this kind of shit simply doesn't belong on a shirt in place of a badge.

To be fair, loads and loads of people refer to us as Man City, including some City fans, so I wouldn't class it as weak branding.

I'm not a fan of it personally and would prefer just City but it's nowhere near as obscure as you're making it out to be. It's actually pretty well established.

I'd rather neither of these names were included though as this kind of shit simply doesn't belong on a shirt in place of a badge.
I’m not saying it’s obscure, I’m just saying it’s shite.

I know Norwich and Leicester fans that say City and mean their teams not my team.I've known City fans use Man City all the way back to the 70s. Only seems to have been since the invention of social media that some people have got precious about the Manchester / Man City thing.
Funnily enough, I referred to us as “City” long before social media was a thing. Sorry about that.

I’ve literally never met anyone from within 30 miles of Manchester who calls us “Man City”.

Whenever I get asked who I support, on holiday or whatever, when I say “City” people instantly know who I mean.

The only people I’ve ever heard refer to us as “Man City” are fans of Leicester, Norwich, Swansea etc, which is kind of understandable.

But if you asked 100 people who Jamie Vardy plays for, our top answer would be “Leicester” and “City” would get a big fat errr-errrrrr.

Even a Leicester fan, if they met say an Arsenal fan on holiday who told him “Kane is signing for City” he would automatically think Manchester City.

Leicester City are “Leicester”, Norwich City are “Norwich”, Swansea City are “Swansea”, Manchester City are “City”.

Funnily enough, I referred to us as “City” long before social media was a thing. Sorry about that.

I’ve literally never met anyone from within 30 miles of Manchester who calls us “Man City”.

Whenever I get asked who I support, on holiday or whatever, when I say “City” people instantly know who I mean.

The only people I’ve ever heard refer to us as “Man City” are fans of Leicester, Norwich, Swansea etc, which is kind of understandable.

But if you asked 100 people who Jamie Vardy plays for, our top answer would be “Leicester” and “City” would get a big fat errr-errrrrr.

Even a Leicester fan, if they met say an Arsenal fan on holiday who told him “Kane is signing for City” he would automatically think Manchester City.

Leicester City are “Leicester”, Norwich City are “Norwich”, Swansea City are “Swansea”, Manchester City are “City”.
Agreed. Only one City. Always been that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.