City’s New Kits - 2021/22

Funnily enough, I referred to us as “City” long before social media was a thing. Sorry about that.

I’ve literally never met anyone from within 30 miles of Manchester who calls us “Man City”.

Whenever I get asked who I support, on holiday or whatever, when I say “City” people instantly know who I mean.

The only people I’ve ever heard refer to us as “Man City” are fans of Leicester, Norwich, Swansea etc, which is kind of understandable.

But if you asked 100 people who Jamie Vardy plays for, our top answer would be “Leicester” and “City” would get a big fat errr-errrrrr.

Even a Leicester fan, if they met say an Arsenal fan on holiday who told him “Kane is signing for City” he would automatically think Manchester City.

Leicester City are “Leicester”, Norwich City are “Norwich”, Swansea City are “Swansea”, Manchester City are “City”.
I grew up in Rochdale, in the 70s. Man City was a thing quite a few used, including myself sometimes. I just don't get the hang up with it.

Funnily enough, I referred to us as “City” long before social media was a thing. Sorry about that.

I’ve literally never met anyone from within 30 miles of Manchester who calls us “Man City”.
Are you a recluse?

City, Man City, Manchester City, Bitters, Berties….. heard them all within 30 miles of Manchester. Why does it bother you so much pal?

Are you a recluse?

City, Man City, Manchester City, Bitters, Berties….. heard them all within 30 miles of Manchester. Why does it bother you so much pal?
Has anyone ever said to you “are you going to the Man City game?” Or “have you heard the Man City score” within 30 miles of Manchester?

I’ve literally never heard it in that context in my life.

“Do you know the City score?”

Only time I’ve ever heard “Man City” is in the odd chant that requires an extra syllable, and people from Leicester or wherever.

Has anyone ever said to you “are you going to the Man City game?” Or “have you heard the Man City score” within 30 miles of Manchester?

Only time I’ve ever heard “Man City” is in the odd chant that requires an extra syllable, and people from Leicester or wherever.
There’s a couple of songs we used to sing where we referred to ourselves as Man City.
“Man City man city
We’ll support you evermore
We’ll support you evermore.”

“Oh Man City
The only football team to come from Manchester “.

Whenever I get asked who I support, on holiday or whatever, when I say “City” people instantly know who I mean.

The only people I’ve ever heard refer to us as “Man City” are fans of Leicester, Norwich, Swansea etc, which is kind of understandable.

But if you asked 100 people who Jamie Vardy plays for, our top answer would be “Leicester” and “City” would get a big fat errr-errrrrr.

Even a Leicester fan, if they met say an Arsenal fan on holiday who told him “Kane is signing for City” he would automatically think Manchester City.

Leicester City are “Leicester”, Norwich City are “Norwich”, Swansea City are “Swansea”, Manchester City are “City”.
===========
‘Oh Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester’
‘We’re Man City, we fight to the end’
‘He came from Italy, to manage Man City’
‘We’ll drink a drink a drink…. He’s the leader of Man City’
I never refer to us as Man City, it’s just City or Manchester City, but the fans have sung the above songs for years and I’ve had souvenirs going back years with Man City on, so it’s not a new thing at all. Though I’d prefer Manchester City or City to be honest
8755C8C8-D431-43B1-BCF1-071E1BBA85E5.jpeg

Nope, it’s always what’s the Citeh score

However, when asked who do I support, I’d usually say Citeh, if not that then Man Citeh. I can’t recall ever replying with Manchester City when I’ve been asked who I support

Out of curiosity, what’s the website URL for Man City? Just sayin’ ;)

& I still don’t understand why it pisses you off bud?

===========
‘Oh Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester’
‘We’re Man City, we fight to the end’
‘He came from Italy, to manage Man City’
‘We’ll drink a drink a drink…. He’s the leader of Man City’
I never refer to us as Man City, it’s just City or Manchester City, but the fans have sung the above songs for years and I’ve had souvenirs going back years with Man City on, so it’s not a new thing at all. Though I’d prefer Manchester City or City to be honest
View attachment 20552
I think you may have missed my post above where I said “Man City” is often used in songs.

But I stand by what I said. I’ve never heard anyone from Manchester and surrounding areas refer to us as “Man City” in day to day conversation.

Songs, flags, yes. Conversations, no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.