City’s New Kits - 2021/22

Funnily enough, I referred to us as “City” long before social media was a thing. Sorry about that.

I’ve literally never met anyone from within 30 miles of Manchester who calls us “Man City”.

Whenever I get asked who I support, on holiday or whatever, when I say “City” people instantly know who I mean.

The only people I’ve ever heard refer to us as “Man City” are fans of Leicester, Norwich, Swansea etc, which is kind of understandable.

But if you asked 100 people who Jamie Vardy plays for, our top answer would be “Leicester” and “City” would get a big fat errr-errrrrr.

Even a Leicester fan, if they met say an Arsenal fan on holiday who told him “Kane is signing for City” he would automatically think Manchester City.

Leicester City are “Leicester”, Norwich City are “Norwich”, Swansea City are “Swansea”, Manchester City are “City”.
Well, I was born about 6 miles from Maine Road and lived there until I went to university and Man City was used all the time by me and all my friends, so if you've never met anyone from within 30 miles of Manchester who uses it, you need to get out more.

If you don't like it, then fair enough, but please don't make blanket statements on behalf of all City fans. I'll make a wild guess that you object to "soccer" as well.

For what it's worth I was born in Manchester and grew up in Knutsford and we always referred to our club as City, just saying not getting into an argument, and to be honest I always think that's what true city fans would say.

Well, I was born about 6 miles from Maine Road and lived there until I went to university and Man City was used all the time by me and all my friends, so if you've never met anyone from within 30 miles of Manchester who uses it, you need to get out more.

If you don't like it, then fair enough, but please don't make blanket statements on behalf of all City fans. I'll make a wild guess that you object to "soccer" as well.
I’m not making any statements about what you and all your mates said.

I’ve been out plenty, honestly if one of my mates said “have you still got a season ticket at Man City?” I’d piss myself and rip them to pieces for it.

I don’t know what era you went to university or where you lived, but my family are blues going back 3 generations and I’ve honestly never heard any of them refer to us as “Man City”, only ever “City”.

I’m not making any statements about what you and all your mates said.

I’ve been out plenty, honestly if one of my mates said “have you still got a season ticket at Man City?” I’d piss myself and rip them to pieces for it.

I don’t know what era you went to university or where you lived, but my family are blues going back 3 generations and I’ve honestly never heard any of them refer to us as “Man City”, only ever “City”.
https://www.mancity.com/

Just sayin’ ;)

I kinda get what you’re saying, but wouldn’t it depend on the context of what you’re saying & who to?

Does it piss you off or do you find it weird as you just don’t hear it in conversation & only ever hear it in the stadium with fans chanting specific chants?

If your mates sang Man Citeh to you instead of saying it in conversation, would you still piss yourself & rip them to pieces?

The term Man City has been used for as long as I have been a fan, so 44years. Not sure what is washy about it tbh.

I use City a lot and people know who you mean when you say City also.

Nobody has ever called Dortmund Bo. Dortmund.

Inter or AC get used a lot.

Fair
I grew up in Rochdale, in the 70s. Man City was a thing quite a few used, including myself sometimes. I just don't get the hang up with it.

That.. is.. why.. they.. should.. just... stick.. with.. the.. badge..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.