City’s New Kits - 2021/22

I’ve noticed a lot of Geordies refer to that lot as “Man United” (I know he’s not technically a Geordie)

But again, the thought of someone locally calling them lot “Man United” is just so fucking absurd, I can’t believe it’s even a debate.
Correct, the locals call them Red Cunts, Rags when being polite.

This thread is a bit pathetic

Meant to be about the new kit!

Manchester City, City, MCFC, Man City it's all the same; the Sky Blues from Manchester.

Anyone claiming to not recognise the term Man City is clutching.

Take a look at 70's memorabilia, patches badges and god knows what with Man City on.

If other fans want to refer to us as Man City so be it, could be a lot worse.

This thread is a bit pathetic

Meant to be about the new kit!

Manchester City, City, MCFC, Man City it's all the same; the Sky Blues from Manchester.

Anyone claiming to not recognise the term Man City is clutching.

Take a look at 70's memorabilia, patches badges and god knows what with Man City on.

If other fans want to refer to us as Man City so be it, could be a lot worse.
Spot on mate. Now to the people sulking about blue shorts!

Well as proven by many replies on here, you're wrong, aren't you?

Plenty of CITY fans are telling you that they use the term Man City.

But if you feel the need to reply fuck off to that question, then there is something not quite right in your head, tbh.
I don’t know where they live, maybe some of them are from Leicester or Cardiff or something.

And some are familiar with “Man City” from chants etc and haven’t given it much thought, and assumed them and their mates regularly say “did you see the Man City highlights?”

But in reality, people don’t use it in day to day conversation. As is proven by the many replies on here.

I guess I’ll have to denounce a few decades of support then.

What pretentious rubbish.
My guess is day to day, you’d say “I’m going to the City game” not “I’m going to the Man City game”.

Unless you live in Bristol.

Listen folks, is there even a slight possibility that they've done it because they cant put Manchester without it requiring binoculars to see what it says ? :) I'd rather it just say City bit it's a third kit and it's something different so to me its no big deal.
I’ve got no problem with the website and social media channels being “mancity.com” because “city.com” would be impossible to get and “ManchesterCity.com” too long.

But on the kit and training wear, for the last 20 years, it’s been “City”.

Same as “Inter” or “Barca”, that’s what the vast majority of our fans call us (barring a few eccentrics / out of towners).

But pushing “Man City” to be on kits and merchandise is poor in my view. It’s catering to tourists and disrespecting how our core fans identify us.

I don’t know where they live, maybe some of them are from Leicester or Cardiff or something.

And some are familiar with “Man City” from chants etc and haven’t given it much thought, and assumed them and their mates regularly say “did you see the Man City highlights?”

But in reality, people don’t use it in day to day conversation. As is proven by the many replies on here.
Give it up fella ffs, some blatantly told you where they lived, one was Rochdale (14miles) from my own fading memory and care for this thread.

You are certainly giving it some thought though.

Move on, get used to it as it looks likely that it will be here to stay for a while yet.

I'm off for a check on the official Manchester City FC website.

https://www.mancity.com
Oh

I’ve got no problem with the website and social media channels being “mancity.com” because “city.com” would be impossible to get and “ManchesterCity.com” too long.

But on the kit and training wear, for the last 20 years, it’s been “City”.

Same as “Inter” or “Barca”, that’s what the vast majority of our fans call us (barring a few eccentrics / out of towners).

But pushing “Man City” to be on kits and merchandise is poor in my view. It’s catering to tourists and disrespecting how our core fans identify us.
You’re very hung up on this Man City thing ain’t you?

Your first statement is complete tosh. City.com is available to buy & why is typing the 7 letters of ‘Chester’ too long?

Your second point is absolute tosh as evidenced by a number of people on BM

Your third point is even more tosh as I & I’m sure many others don’t feel disrespected by using the club calling us Man City, unless of course I’m not a core (or legacy) fan

Pmsl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.