City’s New Kits

I'm aware the '99 kit has attained cult status, due to the Wembley game. But if the game is taken out of the equation, and the kit is looked at coldly and dispassionately, it's horrid. You (and plenty others) clearly disagree; so be it. The away kit preceding that was far nicer. In my opinion*

*other opinions are available
I’m with you mate… don’t like it, never liked the original. The Maroon is the best this season for me.

Anyone got a link for dh gate that they've used to buy city shirts and does anyone know if they do ladies ?
There's a company I use have for over a decade and they do cracking "replicas." They look like they fell off the back or a lorry. Not dh gate though. This company sells them for £33. They do women's tops and kits for the kids too.

I'm aware the '99 kit has attained cult status, due to the Wembley game. But if the game is taken out of the equation, and the kit is looked at coldly and dispassionately, it's horrid. You (and plenty others) clearly disagree; so be it. The away kit preceding that was far nicer. In my opinion*

I think the nostalgia surrounding that match make it classic. It is a loud ugly shirt, but it brings up memories of the Gillingham game & it's taken on a cult status in the world of City kits. Had we lost that game, or played it in our home kit, there's no way we'd have had this kit this season.

If it wasn’t for that game, it would have disappeared into the ether, we’ve had a lot of different variations of ‘bright’ kits over the years, and everyone of them I’ve hated, but because of that game and the nostalgia surrounding it all, I’m first in line for this shirt.

Now to this morning, it’s been released with videos and official pictures, and I proudly shown my 8 year old lad it, gleefully thinking it would be a hit with him, with me ready to get him that kit in time for the new season. He just looked at me and said ‘it’s horrible’ Then the maroon kit flashed up, he wants that one instead with Rico Lewis on the back.

Top and bottom of it, he’s probably got a better dress sense than me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.