City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

Re: Rodwell having medical today

Ive been very impressed with him when he has played against us.The game a couple of years ago when he skinned Kompany and held him off to set Arteta up was superb,not seen many players manage that especially a 19 year old.This season he man marked Silva very well.He has probably not progressed as fast as expeceted but then again he was injured for a lot of last season.No phil jones obviously but he has plenty of potential.

Cheadle Blue said:
bluemiester said:
I've genuinely seen a lot of Rodwell and I can't believe we are signing him. It's absolutely absurd. Honestly it's moment like this when you realize we are successful because we spend so much money on so many players, that some will be brilliant. Please don't tell me to give him and chance of that he has great potential as it's bollocks. His game is so basic int's unbelievable. He's not good enough for Everton in my opinion. Waste of money.

Wow is rag cafe quiet today? what a load of utter shite!

Mancini is looking for squad utility players, and he fits the bill. before last season everyone on here would have wanted this. he had a poor season last year, but will come on leaps and bounds in this team.

Does anyone remember him making our midfield look very silly a couple of years ago, at the etihad? no? short memories

He's never made our midfield look silly and if that's your only point of reference you are in for a shock. He's not good enough to be a squad player. It wasn't just last year he poor. he's never had a run of good form. He came into the Everton team at a young age and therefore everything he did half decent was hyped, but he's never shown any top class ability. FFS he couldn't even get into Englands rubbish U21 side last summer. The previous tournament he came int with all the hype and failed to impress. He'll never make it at City and it's due to a lack of talent. It's got nothing to with his young age or injuries, he's just not talented enough to make it at the highest level. He's not good enough for Everton.

Benarbia said:
What a bag of shite signing. Terrible injury record and widely regarded as pretty shit. This is what winning the league gets you these days
Not like you to have a moan.

alky313 said:
Quite a few Raggish comments on here....

1) How are we comparing this deal to the Lescott deal (in a negative light). Lescott was one of our best players last year.

2) Mancini wanted several young players to fill holes in the squad.

3) Not every player can be a £30m buy.

4) There are several stars such as Yaya, Silva, Kompany and Zabaleta who all had similar upbringings and werent considered top class at the time.

5) We will sign more players. For every Kun Aguero there is a Stefan Savic.

6) He is the best U21 midfielder in England.

7) Half of you are WUMs that can't be arsed.
No he's not....he was shocking in the 2011 Euros and Im sure he was dropped eventually

Cant say i am massively happy in fact totally underwhelmed - there has to be equal or better quality out there and it sticks in the throat buyting anything from Lescott especially when its a player thet are more than happy to let him go

However when the signing is confirmed he will get my support like every other players that pulls on that shirt

Welcome Jack and remember - We Man City and we fight to the end.

Re: Rodwell having medical today

Never known a medical take place on a Sunday before especially when we are playing. Must be paying medical staff overtime and avoiding any leakage of news with booking them in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.