City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

shackattack said:
As an evertonian I wish rodwell the best for his future. Yeah he has had more than his fair share of injuries but is only a young lad so has the potential to shrug them off and improve. Was wasted in an everton team that lacks creativity and a manager who never utilised his talent correctly. Least he will be playing for a team who keeps the ball on the deck. Am not going to claim he is a world beater but he could if he does not improve at city he never will.

Cheers Shack, and you've pretty much confirmed my thoughts on an earlier post I made.

Vinjay said:
Bet its closer to the 20 million range than the 15 million range. Alan Nixon quoted on twitter as saying "Astonishing. Everton have won the pools."

Not seen enough of Rodwell myself to make any in depth analysis.

You must have seen him play against blackburn

BlueBilly said:
I wonder if Mancini intends to use him as part of a back 3?

--------------------Hart----------------------
------Rodwell-----Kompany------Lescott-------
Richards--------Yaya----Barry-----------Clichy
--------------------Silva----------------------
--------------Aguero------Tevez--------------

The formation looked good today, but I still can't see it working for 38 games a season.
This is exactly where he'll play

hughesey10 said:
Never really agree with David Moyes has done well with no money, not saying he hasn't done a bad job cos he has done well but wasted money when he has had it.

Fellaini is not a 15 mill player
Yakubu for 12 mill
Bilyaletdinov for 9 mill
Johnson 8mill
Beattie 7 mill

Cahill
Lescott
Jelavic
Heitinga
Neville
Arteta

probably alot more.......

hughesey10 said:
Never really agree with David Moyes has done well with no money, not saying he hasn't done a bad job cos he has done well but wasted money when he has had it.

Fellaini is not a 15 mill player
Yakubu for 12 mill
Bilyaletdinov for 9 mill
Johnson 8mill
Beattie 7 mill

Fellaini is top class and I'd take him here, great signing. The rest I agree with.

cool cat said:
BlueBilly said:
I wonder if Mancini intends to use him as part of a back 3?

--------------------Hart----------------------
------Rodwell-----Kompany------Lescott-------
Richards--------Yaya----Barry-----------Clichy
--------------------Silva----------------------
--------------Aguero------Tevez--------------

The formation looked good today, but I still can't see it working for 38 games a season.
This is exactly where he'll play

Looks pretty damn good that

Can someone, whos watched Rodwell alot, please tell which position is he strongest in CB or DM? I don't know much about him, remember him playing against us last season and was pretty good but not blazing.

Would he fit into the 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 whatever you wanna call it

SuperSilva said:
Can someone, whos watched Rodwell alot, please tell which position is he strongest in CB or DM? I don't know much about him, remember him playing against us last season and was pretty good but not blazing.

Would he fit into the 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 whatever you wanna call it

Has anyone ever seen him play a lot though ? ;-)

Tbh I see him as a similar player to Martinez and will be equally as comfortable in either but atm I would say midfield as that's where his recent game time comes form, but no doubt he has the potential to move to CD and become very good there.

I would play him as a defensive mid myself. He holds the ball well and is confident with it in his own half. Where he lacks and it may just be experience is in the opposing teams half. Mind you look at the goal he scored v united a few yrs back and you can see his potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.