City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

FantasyIreland said:
hughesey10 said:
Never really agree with David Moyes has done well with no money, not saying he hasn't done a bad job cos he has done well but wasted money when he has had it.

Fellaini is not a 15 mill player
Yakubu for 12 mill
Bilyaletdinov for 9 mill
Johnson 8mill
Beattie 7 mill

Cahill
Lescott
Jelavic
Heitinga
Neville
Arteta

probably alot more.......

I agree they are good signings but the point was people say he has no money to spend. I remember being jealous of them as they had at least a few million to spend unlike us spending 100k on Ben Thatcher in a transfer window.

It's not the same until there's a youtube compilation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6VPWB-SJO0[/youtube]

BlueBilly said:
I wonder if Mancini intends to use him as part of a back 3?

--------------------Hart----------------------
------Rodwell-----Kompany------Lescott-------
Richards--------Yaya----Barry-----------Clichy
--------------------Silva----------------------
--------------Aguero------Tevez--------------

The formation looked good today, but I still can't see it working for 38 games a season.

I am sure that in a couple of years he will be a top, strong midfielder because he has good quality. - Mancini

I think this shows that Mancini sees him as a midfielder. But i don't think we will play mainly with 3 at the back. But when we do, i can see Rodwell also dropping there at times. Just like De Rossi /Martinez would if they arrived.

What stands out to me on that youtube clip is that he looks equally as good using both feet. Scored goals on his left and right and ran with the ball using both feet, a rare talent these days.

Blue2112 said:
What stands out to me on that youtube clip is that he looks equally as good using both feet. Scored goals on his left and right and ran with the ball using both feet, a rare talent these days.

5 star on weak foot on fifa. very 2 two footed

zeven said:
Mancini just confirmed Rodwell will not feature regular in our first eleven. Hes one for the future.

ketchup.jpg

?

RandomJ said:
zeven said:
Mancini just confirmed Rodwell will not feature regular in our first eleven. Hes one for the future.

ketchup.jpg

?
"Rodwell is a player that needs to improve to play in this XI but he is young and a good player for our future.

I doubt even Rodwell thought he would walk into the starting XI. More competition and motivation for him to develop.

Just looking at the fee I cant believe we would have spent £20 million or anything like that on him with financial fair play in mind and the fact that Yaya, Barry, Milner and currently De Jong are all miles ahead of him in the squad.

This is much more like the AJ signing. Hes being signed as a squad player for the games that dont matter on the basis hes english, proven in the PL and is still young so could improve.

Its also clear Everton are absolutely desperate for money and are in a very very weak bargaining position. They sold Cahill their best player for years for penuts. This is not like when they sold Lescott or Rooney this is more than likely a forced sale to pay off some debt and keep the banks happy. The fee will be in accordance with this.

If you look at it sensibly the fee is much more likely to be £10- £12 million with maybe a few million addons based on success (fair enough)

Hes not a top player and Everton are pretty much bankrupt. We were only willing to pay £15 million for RVP so all this talk of a big fee for Rodwell is clearly well wide of the mark.

Have we signed him yet FFS!! hurry up :) ...its took Kaldoon 2 days to do what Marwood couldnt do in 2mths lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.