City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

shackattack said:
As an evertonian I wish rodwell the best for his future. Yeah he has had more than his fair share of injuries but is only a young lad so has the potential to shrug them off and improve. Was wasted in an everton team that lacks creativity and a manager who never utilised his talent correctly. Least he will be playing for a team who keeps the ball on the deck. Am not going to claim he is a world beater but he could if he does not improve at city he never will.

see, now this is a sensible post from another team's fan.

Gareth1979 said:
citykev28 said:
To the Everton fan, Mancini has turned us from a shite, expensively assembled side to the Champions of England. Yes he's spent money but every player he brought in (bar Jerome Boateng and that was down to his attitude) has played a big part.
The few City fans on here claiming that Moyes is a shit manager, get a grip of yourselves. He's over achieved enormously and is a far better manager than Leslie.
I'm hoping Rodwell gets a decent chance in the side and becomes the player that the country expected.

Werent you about 4th when you claim you were shite?? So 4th plus how much money to get to 1st?? Maybe Im wrong about Mancini. Maybe Im blaming him for the players hes now stuck with. I look at your side and Utds though and you should have dominated them last season. You were seconds from throwing it away and Id imagine you were be saying something massively different if you had

We'd finished 9th and were (I think) 6th when Hughes was fired after draws at home to Burnley, Hull City and other shite games we should've won. Considering we'd played the most winnable games that season and were 6th, I think it's safe to say we wouldn't have rose up the league.

We did dominate United last season. We beat them 6-1 at Old Trafford and they didn't have a shot on goal at ours. As others have said, there's little we can do about United's other 36 games. We got a huge points total.

I don't follow everton that much so I don't know much about this player.Can anybody tell me whether he is good,can pass,can tackle or just another overhyped english player.

Salar said:
I don't follow everton that much so I don't know much about this player.Can anybody tell me whether he is good,can pass,can tackle or just another overhyped english player.

Just trust Roberto on this one.

Bet its closer to the 20 million range than the 15 million range. Alan Nixon quoted on twitter as saying "Astonishing. Everton have won the pools."

Not seen enough of Rodwell myself to make any in depth analysis.

Am fine thanks bilbo blue.
Who will moyes sign with the money ??
A championship player to keep the bank / kenwright happy. I could see him going for phillips ( Kevin ;-) ) or ince of blackpool.
Rodwell was not part of moyes' future plans and best the lad went before he stagnated. Moyes does not like creative players and would sooner put his faith in hibbert or a chuckle brother with highlights !!

I wonder if Mancini intends to use him as part of a back 3?

--------------------Hart----------------------
------Rodwell-----Kompany------Lescott-------
Richards--------Yaya----Barry-----------Clichy
--------------------Silva----------------------
--------------Aguero------Tevez--------------

The formation looked good today, but I still can't see it working for 38 games a season.

Salar said:

He has played 14 games in 2 years because of injury - Crocky Mk II i guess

No doubt we over paid and will not disclose the fee for fear if looking utter twats

Would have been better to up DJ wages and give hi what he wants - Rodwell will struggle to get into the team

Never really agree with David Moyes has done well with no money, not saying he hasn't done a bad job cos he has done well but wasted money when he has had it.

Fellaini is not a 15 mill player
Yakubu for 12 mill
Bilyaletdinov for 9 mill
Johnson 8mill
Beattie 7 mill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.