City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

Mancini always says when asked about a player, " I like Player X, but Club Y would never sell " ...

That's become his go-to line.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
pudge said:
Jumanji said:
Right. I don't like a particular transfer, so I must know more than Mancini. Sound logic.

When did Mancini tell you he watched him for a year? Sounds like another board signing to me.
“I like Jack Rodwell but will Everton sell? Impossible"

From 2010
Many moons and injuries have past since then.
But it highlights that Mancini wanted him before the like of Marwood came.

adrianr said:
VOOMER said:
adrianr said:
I don't understand pretty much any single part of this entire deal. If we've paid more than 10m we've been completely mugged, and frankly even at 10m he's taking up a squad space for someone who isn't always injured and may actually be a good footballer.

Regarding injuries, look at Cesc at Barca. He was reguarly on the injured list at the gooners, because they rushed him back, again and again. With better treatement (which Rodwell will get here) and a less desperate nature to play him ( which also be the same for Rodwell), he has gone an entire season with out injury. Everton have had one of the smallest squads for nearly a decade, which has meant, in Rodwell's case he has been rushed back way to soon on several occasions. Shit, even Hargreaves stayed clear of the physio room at Carrington!

I hope you're right mate, and I suppose he does have age heavily on his side. Very, very skeptical though, I doubt we'll see anything noteworthy from him for at least a season and really this is the season we needed to push on with the likes of De Rossi to really kick everyone whilst they were down.

The truth is that we (Everton) didnt rush him back though. The truth is hes never been a regular in our team when everyone is fit

Most of our squad have improved under Mancini. Rodwell will be the same, his niggles will clear up, and he'll be surrounded by far superior players than he was at Everton. Good signing for me and one for the future too..

Jumanji said:
Mancini always says when asked about a player, " I like Player X, but Club Y would never sell " ...

Try this instead...

'apologies,i was wrong'

Jumanji said:

So it became his go-to line 2 years ago?

Bobby wants to sign Rodwell, you don't like Rodwell.

Sucks to be you.

Ja Salford Blue said:
Just been on Everton's twitter page that we have agreed a fee for Rodwell

Sorry cant post a link

Would explain what Moyes was doing at eastlands last week

Good signing imo

Welcome Jack :-)

pudge said:
1. So it became his go-to line 2 years ago?

2. Bobby wants to sign Rodwell, you don't like Rodwell.

3. Sucks to be you.
1. Irrelevant.

2. I've never met Mr. Rodwell personally.

3. I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.