City amongst the Premier League clubs that support and promote gambling.

I’ve no problem at all with who we choose as sponsors, highest bidder wins. City displaying a company logo somewhere has never swayed me into buying whatever that company is selling and never will. conversely, city choosing not to be linked to certain brands on principle would never dissuade me from them if I already had an interest. The people who develop gambling problems are not doing so because city have a sponsorship deal, same goes for alcohol, tobacco or anything else. Going against it is just a way of being seen attempting to tackle a problem without actually doing anything.

the voice of reason, that won't go down well :)

Sky don't own Sky Bet. They sold 80% to CVC in 2015 & CVC & Sky sold the entire company to The Stars Group in 2018.
Cheers mate, didn’t know that. However, the fact that they did own or have a share in Sky bet until 2018, still sits uncomfortable with me

The government that pontificate about football clubs being too cosy with gambling don't seem to mind taking a huge wedge from it every year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.