City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Doesnt sound like there will be a bus for tha route this season, but it’s a trial and could be expanded.

That’s good.

The Didsbury, Burnage, Leve, Gorton route would be popular.

I appreciate there are 3 Didsbury Metrolink stops, and a Didsbury park and ride where the bus could leave from. But Metrolink goes to Chorlton and around the houses before getting to town. And then you have to change trams. Another reason could be the scary 192 along Stockport Road which goes into town. Then it’s either Metrolink, a taxi, or a 20 minute walk to the Etihad from town. I usually stop off on the way to rest my aching feet, whilst having a couple of pints. :-)

Last edited:
It's a start in the right direction but they need to sort of a proper shuttle bus system back to town as well. After the match they need proper bus lanes and should close Ashton New Road/Merill Street to all traffic except buses, taxis, and trams to stop the gridlock. An airport style taxi rank near the stadium would also help. None of this is rocket science.

This is clearly good news, it means the club are aware of the transport issues ans are trying to resolve it. A work in progress no doubt, but its a start.
Yes, anyone using this needs to remember it’s a trial and like any trial things will go wrong. Hopefully they learn enough though to turn it into a successful service.

Surprised Prestwich and/or Whitefield not included, a lot of match going blues in those areas but believe there are coaches to home games from a couple of local pubs
The metro from Prestwich goes straight to the stadium, I've used it from Heaton Park,

Will this have an effect on the 216 that goes from Piccadilly to the stadium ? Sorry if it’s already been answered,haven’t went right through the thread..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.