City announce trial bus scheme for home games

It's a good start and comes from one of the many surveys. It's welcome, especially for night games. To be able to get on a bus direct to and from the stadium without having to change and hang around waiting as you do is great.

It depends how long the bus is going to wait after the match, especially after midweek matches. People want to get home quickly after a midweek match. They don’t want to be sat on a bus for 20 minutes after the match. Then you have to factor in traffic, buses are slower than cars as a rule, and people getting off at bus stops, etc.

It depends how long the bus is going to wait after the match, especially after midweek matches. People want to get home quickly after a midweek match. They don’t want to be sat on a bus for 20 minutes after the match. Then you have to factor in traffic, buses are slower than cars as a rule, and people getting off at bus stops, etc.
It's certainly a safer option to get home than the public transport options for night games

There is that aspect of course. I would imagine it's not much different than waiting for one of the Piccadilly buses or the tram though. If somehow there could be a bus corridor or something where they had a priority an hour before and after the game to move them more quickly it would be great. I realise that might be difficult to achieve however.

There is that aspect of course. I would imagine it's not much different than waiting for one of the Piccadilly buses or the tram though. If somehow there could be a bus corridor or something where they had a priority an hour before and after the game to move them more quickly it would be great. I realise that might be difficult to achieve however.

It would. The bus lanes usual have 4pm-7pm bus only signs at the start of the bus lanes. After 7pm cars can use the bus lanes. It wouldn’t be practical to change the signs just for City matches. Car drivers would kick off as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.