City announce trial bus scheme for home games

It depends how long the bus is going to wait after the match, especially after midweek matches. People want to get home quickly after a midweek match. They don’t want to be sat on a bus for 20 minutes after the match. Then you have to factor in traffic, buses are slower than cars as a rule, and people getting off at bus stops, etc.
I hope they do hang about 20mins as I’m sat at 316 and I think it’d take me 20mins to get back to the bus!!

Where are the buses dropping/collecting people??

I hope they do hang about 20mins as I’m sat at 316 and I think it’d take me 20mins to get back to the bus!!

Connell College/Alan Turing Way. Edit, this is for Bus 5, not sure about the others.

Last edited:

They seem to be a bit of a walk away from the campus. The Radcliffe one is leaving from near Vermillion (AND the Middleton one is too), so that will impact the Supporter Club coaches that normally wait there.

The locations are on the TfGM website …

They seem to be a bit of a walk away from the campus. The Radcliffe one is leaving from near Vermillion (AND the Middleton one is too), so that will impact the Supporter Club coaches that normally wait there.

The locations are on the TfGM website …

Cheers

It's a start in the right direction but they need to sort of a proper shuttle bus system back to town as well. After the match they need proper bus lanes and should close Ashton New Road/Merill Street to all traffic except buses, taxis, and trams to stop the gridlock. An airport style taxi rank near the stadium would also help. None of this is rocket science.
I’ve said it before but too many fans walking in the road to make that be a suitable route.

The very much under used City Link walkway could be cheaply changed to a bus route straight to the back of Piccadilly station. A bit of work to link up to allow the buses to use the tram tracks from Hokt Town including bollards to stop cars using it.

Improve the canal route for the walkers.

Easy :)

This is clearly good news, it means the club are aware of the transport issues and are trying to resolve it. A work in progress no doubt, but its a start.
It smacks of the City Matters situation with the club merely paying lip service to fan engagement and doing fuck all of substance.

They’re a multi billion pound organisation with soon to be 60 odd thousand paying customers each fortnight who find getting to and away from the ground increasingly problematic.

So they lay on a handful of slow, expensive, not particularly convenient coaches to help. Lip service.

I’ve said it before but too many fans walking in the road to make that be a suitable route.

The very much under used City Link walkway could be cheaply changed to a bus route straight to the back of Piccadilly station. A bit of work to link up to allow the buses to use the tram tracks from Hokt Town including bollards to stop cars using it.

Improve the canal route for the walkers.

Easy :)
There’s some planning applications that went in in November on the MCC website relating to the canal paths. Mainly for clearing vegetation, adding signage and improved lighting as far as I can see but there may be something I missed.

Route 13 Shaw, 14 Oldham pick up drop off is the bus stop near fire station on Briscoe Lane, not looked at others

It smacks of the City Matters situation with the club merely paying lip service to fan engagement and doing fuck all of substance.

They’re a multi billion pound organisation with soon to be 60 odd thousand paying customers each fortnight who find getting to and away from the ground increasingly problematic.

So they lay on a handful of slow, expensive, not particularly convenient coaches to help. Lip service.
Chinnock helicopters might be answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.