City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Won’t need it until the Luton game as normally get a lft off my brother but he’s on holiday that game. Looking to get on the Shaw bus from Broadway at Middleton Rd. did you notice how many got off there on the way back, might give a clue as to how busy it is
Not sure pal upstairs had about 10 of us downstairs maybe 20/25 I reckon about 10 got off at your stop max, I wouldn’t worry too much until next season you’ll be ok

Is this service run in conjunction/input from the Supporters Clubs.

There are scores of coaches and mini buses bringing and returning fans to all areas of Manchester (3 fifteen seaters from Marple) every game.

If the joint initiative is to reduce traffic & provide efficient & cost effective transport for fans, discussions twixt the club,supporters clubs and operators would seem appropriate.

There is a captive market out there if done properly.

Not sure pal upstairs had about 10 of us downstairs maybe 20/25 I reckon about 10 got off at your stop max, I wouldn’t worry too much until next season you’ll be ok
Was tempted to give it a go at the weekend but my worry was getting on at Broadway it would be full and an expensive Uber. Definitely will give it a try this season when i'm not going into town first

Cheers Pal, gives me a plan going forward. could also drive to Hollinwood tram stop and get one from there
That's my plan going forward, I had to see someone in Oldham before the Chelsea game so got the tram from up there and being mobile walked from Monsall (to look for possible safe street parking) no chance and back to Central Park after the game....was a decent walk if you are able but rather damp.

I can confirm that on a Saturday afternoon the whole top level of Hollinwood park & ride was empty so hopefully they'll always be plenty of space.

Was tempted to give it a go at the weekend but my worry was getting on at Broadway it would be full and an expensive Uber. Definitely will give it a try this season when i'm not going into town first
I think the way to address that will be to buy in advance, hopefully that can be done on a weekly basis or if needs be at the start of the season, a bit like car parking at the ground.

Reactions: ell
Is this service run in conjunction/input from the Supporters Clubs.

There are scores of coaches and mini buses bringing and returning fans to all areas of Manchester (3 fifteen seaters from Marple) every game.

If the joint initiative is to reduce traffic & provide efficient & cost effective transport for fans, discussions twixt the club,supporters clubs and operators would seem appropriate.

There is a captive market out there if done properly.
Excellent point (and a bonus point for using the word 'twixt').

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.