City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Don’t want to put a dampener on it, as I think it’s a great idea. But you’d have thought they’d find somewhere a bit closer than that to pick up wouldn’t you?

Must be best part of a mile’s walk to the far side of the ground from there.
connell college is 5-8 mins from the ground and half a mile away, probably closest you can get that isn't residential parking, and won't mean a load of extra buses on the new rd.
Plis unless they paid One Manchester thier land thats closer, logic says they use connel/co-op who they are parteners with

Don’t want to put a dampener on it, as I think it’s a great idea. But you’d have thought they’d find somewhere a bit closer than that to pick up wouldn’t you?

Must be best part of a mile’s walk to the far side of the ground from there.
Playing Devil's Advocate... parking further away probably makes the journey home slightly quicker. If the buses are closer to the ground, the roads are closed for some time to allow crowds to die down.

The other day I said there should be a bus on the Crewe corridor too as I live in Sandbach.

Well the club haven't done it but tonight Northern Rail have!

Train from Piccadilly at 2206 to Wilmslow then a bus to Sandbach arriving at 2348!

Playing Devil's Advocate... parking further away probably makes the journey home slightly quicker. If the buses are closer to the ground, the roads are closed for some time to allow crowds to die down.
Connell college is actually a great place to park for a quick getaway as ATW is shut at the academy bridge so you get a free run at the main road. The problem last week was they waited an extra half hour after scheduled departure time for “people who had bought returns” although no one actually turned up that late, and by then traffic was gridlocked. Not sure what the point of a return is as no saving compared with 2 singles and (we were told) its first come first served in both directions?

Connell college is actually a great place to park for a quick getaway as ATW is shut at the academy bridge so you get a free run at the main road. The problem last week was they waited an extra half hour after scheduled departure time for “people who had bought returns” although no one actually turned up that late, and by then traffic was gridlocked. Not sure what the point of a return is as no saving compared with 2 singles and (we were told) its first come first served in both directions?
If someone needs a return they need a guarantee their seat will be there when they get back otherwise it's whoever sits closest from the stadium or walks fastest which would put certain people at a huge disadvantage. I guess it's early days yet and they were giving extra time in case people were struggling to find their way back, but it's a trial until the end of the season and things will probably change when they have their list of lessons learnt.

Bus 13 from Shaw was busy tonight probably a spare 20/25 seats and standing downstairs, I can see these taking off, maybe look at the pricing if it does especially if you have kids they should be at least half price. Once word gets round and parking becomes harder and the offsite seem to be ripping people off then it could get busy on these buses.

If someone needs a return they need a guarantee their seat will be there when they get back otherwise it's whoever sits closest from the stadium or walks fastest which would put certain people at a huge disadvantage. I guess it's early days yet and they were giving extra time in case people were struggling to find their way back, but it's a trial until the end of the season and things will probably change when they have their list of lessons learnt.
Sort of is mate they know exactly how many have got on so anyone trying to get just a single back may not get on if it was full going unless of course at the last minute there are a few no shows

Excellent service. Got me there in time for a few pre match beers. Got me home about the time we're normally leaving the SSL1 bar. All for 6 quid return. Can't knock it.

Reactions: nmc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.