City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Bus 13 should’ve left at 2145 he left at 2149, we had 6 mins of extra time, I managed to get there about 2140 and I had to get a move on to do that with the crowds getting round from the SS. Bus had quite a few on already so I’m assuming they are on the other side of the stadium or left early. I was back in Royton by 2225 home by 2240, normally on the bus it would be 2330 at the earliest, can’t fault it, just a pity they can’t drop the price a little. I feel a £6 for everyone would be reasonable.

Was on Bus 6 from Offerton last night. Used my OAP bus pass so free of charge. Got in the ground before 7, and because we waited for stragglers on the way back we were back in Offerton about 10 minutes late. Bus probably about 50% occupied. Walk from the college to the ground took me about 12 minutes. For me an absolute bargain, obviously, bus was stewarded and driver excellent. I have read comments and seen a piece on youtube and fully appreciate that for others there are issues, costs, particularly with family groups, distance from park up to ground etc and no loos on the bus if you have a few pints. I would say if we are asked for feedback then respond I'd hate to see this initiative go up in smoke. I normally travel on a bus with a supporter group to the ground, just thought that I try this an an alternative last night.

Reactions: CC1
Now you bastards are going on the bus it makes exiting from Blue Car Park so much easier. I was back home in Littleborough by 10:25 and that's travelling via those wonderful areas of Manchester - Monsall, 'Apper'ay, Blackley (The Weybridge of the North), Middleton, Castleton and Rochdale. Traffic all the way was very light. Long may it continue, and those still driving, get on the bus!

Was on Bus 6 from Offerton last night. Used my OAP bus pass so free of charge. Got in the ground before 7, and because we waited for stragglers on the way back we were back in Offerton about 10 minutes late. Bus probably about 50% occupied. Walk from the college to the ground took me about 12 minutes. For me an absolute bargain, obviously, bus was stewarded and driver excellent. I have read comments and seen a piece on youtube and fully appreciate that for others there are issues, costs, particularly with family groups, distance from park up to ground etc and no loos on the bus if you have a few pints. I would say if we are asked for feedback then respond I'd hate to see this initiative go up in smoke. I normally travel on a bus with a supporter group to the ground, just thought that I try this an an alternative last night.
I wondered if that was accepted! Oooh, I can't wait till they extend the bus service from Littleborough Square?

I agree, I was on the same bus with my brother in a wheelchair. It was a doddle getting to and from the ground and though the wait for non-existent stragglers was frustrating it was the A57 going down to one lane that caused the biggest delay.

The only people that arrived late for the return journey bought single tickets so I guess they were hedging their bets on getting the bus back anyway.

It's a good initiative that can only get better with practice as far as I can see.

Boothstown bus was half an hour late tonight but managed to get us there half an hour before kick off. Must have taken us 25 minutes to get home, can’t fault that.
What time did you get back to Boothstown mate? I'm in Astley and, tbh, I'm getting to the FOC stage and driving through Manchester in the rush hour in the pissing rain isn't that high on my list of favourite pastimes any more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.