City being underestimated again ?

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Really can not see it being close next season City will win it in a canter by 7/10 points like they should have done last year, Pellegrini is one year wiser and we won't make the same mistakes again losing to Villa Cardiff Sunderland and those type of teams, plus a fit Jovetic will add to our forward power and Fernando will make us at least 10 goals better defensively so sit back and enjoy one of the most one sided title wins in history

As arrogant as it sounds I can't help but agree with this to be honest. If we can keep the main players fit I think we'll win the title quite convincingly. I like us being underestimated though as it heeps the pressure elsewhere. Anyone I've spoken to who knows about football knows City will be in the mix at the crucial part of the season. This will be Pellegrinis second season and he's now learnt the pitfalls of the Premier League. Roll on August.

Really can not see it being close next season City will win it in a canter by 7/10 points like they should have done last year, Pellegrini is one year wiser and we won't make the same mistakes again losing to Villa Cardiff Sunderland and those type of teams, plus a fit Jovetic will add to our forward power and Fernando will make us at least 10 goals better defensively so sit back and enjoy one of the most one sided title wins in history

Wish I had your optimism.... Can really see it being tight again next season, with us going for European progression over the Prem league.

Not expecting to win anything.. but if we do, great :D

Why Always Ste said:

Wish I had your optimism.... Can really see it being tight again next season, with us going for European progression over the Prem league.

Not expecting to win anything? seriously that's a bit negative. We aren't good enough for the Champions League yet but we'll win the title again I'm convinced of that. And to be honest given a choice of the two I'll take another League Title 100%.

razman said:
Just going the football websites, "opinion" polls ,Chelsea seem to be the fav. with even liverpool 2nd favorites. It will ofcourse be more in focus after the WC

Betting sites are having 2nd fav. after Chelsea , and being champions it seems a bit odd

but if we keep under the radar again (for off field activities) , i am confident with the smart signings by Txiki , the "quiet " man can lead us to the title again !
Why would you even care?

Blue Streak said:
Why Always Ste said:

Not expecting to win anything? seriously that's a bit negative. We aren't good enough for the Champions League yet but we'll win the title again I'm convinced of that. And to be honest given a choice of the two I'll take another League Title 100%.

I'm not being negative, I'm just not expecting to win anything as you just never know... Can you not remember that FA Cup round match last season against the pie eaters, or the Final the season before?

Just never know what's going to happen.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
razman said:
Just going the football websites, "opinion" polls ,Chelsea seem to be the fav. with even liverpool 2nd favorites. It will ofcourse be more in focus after the WC

Betting sites are having 2nd fav. after Chelsea , and being champions it seems a bit odd

but if we keep under the radar again (for off field activities) , i am confident with the smart signings by Txiki , the "quiet " man can lead us to the title again !
Why would you even care?

Well in my opinion, being Champions should make you automatic favourites... But reading on here...Maybe it's a good thing...Being underestimated

Let's get 40 points first.

Then win as much as the lads want to win..
Let's enjoy the season.it will be one hell of a season.believe.

It is good in a way,takes that extra burden away from the team by.not.being in the spot light..Personally i think chelsea will win it,mourinho's teams always does well in the second season and they.have got.the.best squad,liverpool will go a notch down if they loose suarez,united does indeed stand a chance they have got.a decent manager and are on a spending spree,we must comfortably make it to the.top 4 imo...with arsenal and liverpool fighting for the fourth ..

Blue Streak said:
Why Always Ste said:

It's the "New kit with no white and defending champions" hoodoo again!!!!
I think the days of teams walking it are over, United have no Europe and will challenge, Chelsea have strengthened , Arsenal will too, if we keep hold of Yaya, and keep Aguero fit then we will be there, or there about

Title's aren't won by beating your nearest rivals, although it helps, they are won by consistently beating the remaining teams. Both Chelsea and Liverpool had their fate in their own hands last season and blew it by failing to win against lesser teams. I hate to mention them but its how the rags won so many, they rarely topped the top 4 mini league of them, arse, chelski and liverpool but they always outscored them points wise against the teams below. The end of last season showed how Mr Pellegrini had turned City into a points machine against the weakerteams, Everton away being a perfect example.

Mr P is one season older and wiser, unless Maureen gets Chelski doing the same as us against the weaker teams they won't win the title, Whinger has never learned how in all those yrs and Brenda showed he hasn't learned yet how to do it. I would say we are certainly favourites against those 3.

Again I hate to say it but last yr the rags had better away form than we did and if Vadge can get them grinding out the points at home they will certainly have a shout at top 4 and who knows?

My predictions

City
Chelski
Rags
Arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.