City being underestimated again ?

Chris in London said:
Well, if history is any guide, we should be encouraged.

The first season we won the league, we were relegated the next year.

The next time we won the league, we weren't relegated the next season but we finished mid table.

The next time we won the league after that, the next season we finished as runners up.

I am liking this upwards trend :)

:-)

It's written in the stars.

I don't think Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, etc will be underestimating City. If the media do that's their business. I think we operate better away from the headlines anyway so I'll take another season of the quietly quietly approach.

Underestimated? Yes please.

We will once again play the best football in the league and be more than a handful for any fucker, domestic or Europe. If any of the other teams can beat our points tally this coming season to pip us to the league. fair play to them as we are going to rack up well over 90 points this time around.

Cannot fucking wait.

City were underestimated for the majority of last season, nobody saw us coming, least of all Liverpool and their sycophantic cult.

Didn't turn out too badly.

We shouldn't look for platitudes and feint praise, just to feel that little bit warmer inside that we are somehow respected.

Respect is overrated. Fear is our greatest weapon.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
City were underestimated for the majority of last season, nobody saw us coming, least of all Liverpool and their sycophantic cult.

We shouldn't look for platitudes and feint praise, just to feel that little bit warmer inside that we are somehow respected.

The Liverpool lovefest, and the lack of media coverage of City's title run in last season was a source of continued annoyance for me. We were embroiled in a tight title race, which went down to the last day of the season, again, yet if you'd been dropped into Spring 2014 you'd have been hard pushed to realise that City were even in the hunt for the title, yet alone the side that would ultimately win the whole thing. If that's a measure of the way things will be if Liverpool are perennial title contenders then I, for one, hope they fall by the wayside early doors and that last season was an anomaly rather than an indicator of things to come.

Matty said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

The Liverpool lovefest, and the lack of media coverage of City's title run in last season was a source of continued annoyance for me. We were embroiled in a tight title race, which went down to the last day of the season, again, yet if you'd been dropped into Spring 2014 you'd have been hard pushed to realise that City were even in the hunt for the title, yet alone the side that would ultimately win the whole thing. If that's a measure of the way things will be if Liverpool are perennial title contenders then I, for one, hope they fall by the wayside early doors and that last season was an anomaly rather than an indicator of things to come.

Everything you cite, Matty, actually resulted in us winning the title again.

Liverpool couldn't cope with the expectation levels, it had reached hysterical proportions.

The reason I bet on us to win it was because I could see us just chugging along and taking it at the tape.

I want the same, this season. The more they speak about United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, the better it will be for our own squad.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Matty said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Everything you cite, Matty, actually resulted in us winning the title again.

Liverpool couldn't cope with the expectation levels, it had reached hysterical proportions.

The reason I bet on us to win it was because I could see us just chugging along and taking it at the tape.

I want the same, this season. The more they speak about United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, the better it will be for our own squad.

100% agree I quite like the fact that we are quietly ruthless and efficient. While Liverpool and others are talking themsleves up only to fail we're at home with the trophy.

Subject to satisfactory resolutions to the Yaya and Negredo situations, I fully expect us to win the League again and with more to spare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.