City being underestimated again ?

woolleyback blue said:
Title's aren't won by beating your nearest rivals, although it helps, they are won by consistently beating the remaining teams. Both Chelsea and Liverpool had their fate in their own hands last season and blew it by failing to win against lesser teams. I hate to mention them but its how the rags won so many, they rarely topped the top 4 mini league of them, arse, chelski and liverpool but they always outscored them points wise against the teams below. The end of last season showed how Mr Pellegrini had turned City into a points machine against the weakerteams, Everton away being a perfect example.

Mr P is one season older and wiser, unless Maureen gets Chelski doing the same as us against the weaker teams they won't win the title, Whinger has never learned how in all those yrs and Brenda showed he hasn't learned yet how to do it. I would say we are certainly favourites against those 3.

Again I hate to say it but last yr the rags had better away form than we did and if Vadge can get them grinding out the points at home they will certainly have a shout at top 4 and who knows?

My predictions

City
Chelski
Rags
Arse.

no they didnt, you have fallen for a rag media myth.

last season we had exactly the same away record W10, draw 4 lost 5. They did concede 2 less goals away from home, but we scored 4 more than them.

razman said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
razman said:
Just going the football websites, "opinion" polls ,Chelsea seem to be the fav. with even liverpool 2nd favorites. It will ofcourse be more in focus after the WC

Betting sites are having 2nd fav. after Chelsea , and being champions it seems a bit odd

but if we keep under the radar again (for off field activities) , i am confident with the smart signings by Txiki , the "quiet " man can lead us to the title again !
Why would you even care?

Well in my opinion, being Champions should make you automatic favourites... But reading on here...Maybe it's a good thing...Being underestimated
I don't think it's much to do with being underestimated, mate. Just wishful thinking on the part of others.

lots of cityitis around in this thread, its understanderble given our history especially for the older fan like myself

but this squad is the best we have ever had, good enough to compete at the top table and is doing so

there is nothing for that to change this season.

buckle up and enjoy the ride.

@BluePhil8 said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Chelsea are favourites
How and why?

Lampard and Cole have left.

Fàbregas is a top player but a player who doesn't fit the Mourinho mould. It's a perplexing transfer.

Costa is the player they needed but they still have no one else up front apart from Hazard.

Liverpool without Suarez will be a good team but never a great team.

United have spent £60 million an a teenager and an unknown midfielder from Spain.

Arsenal have their thumb up their arse.

It boggles my mind how we are anything but favourites.

I don't think that Cole and Lampard are really a loss for them. There team looks so strong

1033306_Chelsea.jpg

I think they under-performed in the League last season but yet there results against the top 4 were the strongest.
Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd
Man City 0-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea

You can't tell me that their first 11 doesn't look strong, add to that the strength in depth they have in there squad.

The game at the Bridge could have gone either way but we were dominated at the Etihad.
Only Bayern and Dortmund made this type of performance against us where you could clearly see we were the weaker team on the day.
They bossed the midfield against us and Matic dominated YaYa

At this point in the transfer window they should be considered clear favourites

Well, if history is any guide, we should be encouraged.

The first season we won the league, we were relegated the next year.

The next time we won the league, we weren't relegated the next season but we finished mid table.

The next time we won the league after that, the next season we finished as runners up.

I am liking this upwards trend :)

pirate said:
woolleyback blue said:
Title's aren't won by beating your nearest rivals, although it helps, they are won by consistently beating the remaining teams. Both Chelsea and Liverpool had their fate in their own hands last season and blew it by failing to win against lesser teams. I hate to mention them but its how the rags won so many, they rarely topped the top 4 mini league of them, arse, chelski and liverpool but they always outscored them points wise against the teams below. The end of last season showed how Mr Pellegrini had turned City into a points machine against the weakerteams, Everton away being a perfect example.

Mr P is one season older and wiser, unless Maureen gets Chelski doing the same as us against the weaker teams they won't win the title, Whinger has never learned how in all those yrs and Brenda showed he hasn't learned yet how to do it. I would say we are certainly favourites against those 3.

Again I hate to say it but last yr the rags had better away form than we did and if Vadge can get them grinding out the points at home they will certainly have a shout at top 4 and who knows?

My predictions

City
Chelski
Rags
Arse.

no they didnt, you have fallen for a rag media myth.

last season we had exactly the same away record W10, draw 4 lost 5. They did concede 2 less goals away from home, but we scored 4 more than them.

we also had the worst start possible while our team found their feet with the new system. we lost 16 points in aways out of the 1st 24 available

The spine of our team is unbeatable when they are all fit-

Hart
Kompany
Yaya
Silva
Aguero

No other team in England is good enough to compete with that.

Backed up by the mainstays like Zaba, Kolorov, Dzeko, Fernandinhio, Nasri. This is a team who have beat all teams before them domestically. They are frightened of us and they know this team will reign England for a few more years yet.

Make no mistake, Chelsea will be knocking on the door for sure and it will be a City - Chelsea race for the title.
I think City will have learned from some of the poor performances we had against inferior opposition last season and I fully expect us to win the title again, reach at least the QF in the CL and win at least 1 domestic cup.

Cant wait for those cnuts at sky to let me know when to book my train.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.