City charged by the FA following the Villa match (22nd May 2022)

How old are you mate ffs ? It’s part of life now, kids film themselves having fun. Jesus, move with the times
48. Wasnt just kids mate. It was older lads too.

Listen im all for a good spontaneous pitch invasion, even the one v villa. But clambering on goal posts? No. Small time. Half whits. Thick as shite.

No we didn’t. There was no drama or excitement watching idiots jumping around the pitch & surrounding opposition players. It’s pathetic; illegal & inconveniences 45,000 other fans.
And grown men doing knee slides.

Reactions: CC1
I didn't mean the pitch invasion itself, but the Olsen incident
Have you watched the video? It doesn't show any assault. A couple of fans get close to him with raised arms as they run past and he ducks. It doesn't look like any contact. The fans were stupid but it seems obvious they were just taunting him and making gestures. That's obviously what the police though as well because no action is being taken about that incident. Just some fake news unfortunately from the BBC and Daily Mail.

48. Wasnt just kids mate. It was older lads too.

Listen im all for a good spontaneous pitch invasion, even the one v villa. But clambering on goal posts? No. Small time. Half whits. Thick as shite.
So a few older lads too - we all mature at our own pace ;-)

There’s nothing small time about any of it. Small time would be patiently sitting in your seats politely applauding, waving your scarf and singing along with the music played on the tannoy a la scousers celebrations.

A pitch invasion as you rightly say is a spontaneous outpouring of emotion. Some people find it fun to climb on goalposts - fine with me , leave em to it. Nobody gets all precious when people dig up a bit of the turf as a memento so why are pieces of wood so different ? In a game sanitised beyond all recognition since the happy days we spent watching footy in a slightly anarchic environment in our youth I think it’s very very important that today’s kids get to experience some of the excitement that we did and pitch invasions are one of the few remaining ways of doing so.

I haven't got a clue what you're on about. A quick Google and it throws up images of wall signs and some of the North Korean leader too. I presume you're likening City fans taking pictures at a game or on the pitch with family and friends, to the same people who put such wall signs in their home, both of which you consider to be equally tacky. If this is the case you're a pompous condescending ****. Oh and to answer your question, none.

That was an insane amount of text to call someone else pompous and condescending.

No we didn’t. There was no drama or excitement watching idiots jumping around the pitch & surrounding opposition players. It’s pathetic; illegal & inconveniences 45,000 other fans.
“Curmudgeon” - a bad tempered and negative person, especially an old one.

So a few older lads too - we all mature at our own pace ;-)

There’s nothing small time about any of it. Small time would be patiently sitting in your seats politely applauding, waving your scarf and singing along with the music played on the tannoy a la scousers celebrations.

A pitch invasion as you rightly say is a spontaneous outpouring of emotion. Some people find it fun to climb on goalposts - fine with me , leave em to it. Nobody gets all precious when people dig up a bit of the turf as a memento so why are pieces of wood so different ? In a game sanitised beyond all recognition since the happy days we spent watching footy in a slightly anarchic environment in our youth I think it’s very very important that today’s kids get to experience some of the excitement that we did and pitch invasions are one of the few remaining ways of doing so.
They aren't spontaneous by a large amount of those that go on the pitch. Folk would have decided days, if not weeks, beforehand they were going on the pitch if we won it. Simple, just stay in the stands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.