City Charging West Brom fans £56

gordondaviesmoustache said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
What I want to know, by name, is who are the 2 people responsible for this pricing policy. In short, someone suggests it and someone ratifies it. Just who the f* ck are these pair.

If there are people on here who know for sure then provide names; because if I'm gone at it won't be the big shakers and movers, more like some upstart trying to look good by squeezing profit to benefit their own career path rather more than either the club or the fans.

Names needed!
PA-10111502.jpg

That's brilliant and sadly as the evidence suggests almost believable!

those that think FFP has nothing to do with this are kidding themselves, just wait until we buy four players in the summer, we will be the only team with FFP rammed down our throats off the press, whilst united will spend and it will just slip under the radar, moyes has already spent a lot of money and I reckon another £100m to come in the summer.. as for charging other fans money you know what Tesco say.. by the way I'm not saying its right, but football now lives in a financial world, to ignore that fact is just plain silly

pissedagain said:
those that think FFP has nothing to do with this are kidding themselves, just wait until we buy four players in the summer, we will be the only team with FFP rammed down our throats off the press, whilst united will spend and it will just slip under the radar, moyes has already spent a lot of money and I reckon another £100m to come in the summer.. as for charging other fans money you know what Tesco say..
"We didn't make those burgers it was our supplier"?

£56 for away fans at the Etihad? that's a real shame, i'm really disappointed.

Anyone read Baggies' views on this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=24588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/s ... ?tid=24588</a>

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that some sort of protest would be good, i agree. if a large number of people were to stay in the concourse for the first 10 mins or so of the game then the tv cameras will show empty seats around the ground. this will raise the issue that the fans arent happy with the prices and mean people who have bought tickets already dont miss the game.

unfortunatly, nothing will change in football if the fans dont force the issue.

DarloBlue said:
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that some sort of protest would be good, i agree. if a large number of people were to stay in the concourse for the first 10 mins or so of the game then the tv cameras will show empty seats around the ground. this will raise the issue that the fans arent happy with the prices and mean people who have bought tickets already dont miss the game.

unfortunatly, nothing will change in football if the fans dont force the issue.

the thing with that is, too many tabloids are already obsessed with empty seats at Etihad so it'll get misconstrued as more Empithad rubbish and the message to the masses will be lost. needs banners and exposure i think

Im disgusted at that price to be honest. Ill be at the game as I have a season ticket but I would urge any West Brom fans not to buy these tickets and make a massive fuss about the prices.

Joke.

Really poor show from our club, there's just no justification for that price.

As has already been mentioned by many, there is at best a marginal financial gain to be had by making prices this expensive. I fear that if West Brom stay in the PL this season then it will be tit for tat for our next game at the Hawthornes.

Something has to be done to stop this spiraling out of control.

£56 is a fucking disgrace, nobody should be charged that at a football game, especially since its just another run of the mill match.
Think some sort of protest is definitely needed. Did anyone see the arsenal Everton cup game a few weeks ago? Sure the gunners had a banner apologising to Everton or something like that. Something along those lines to get out mid game would be perfect just to say '£56 is a disgrace' or someone I know touched on it 'minimum wage is £6 an hour, 90 minutes for £56, 9 hours work'. Working class game my arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.